Friday, April 15, 2016

Rihanna's Makeup Line?



Yes, Rihanna is starting her very own makeup line. She had a line with MAC a couple years back that did very well. And she has had two Viva Glam lipsticks. Needless to say I'm very excited. Even in this day and age, makeup lines are still notorious for leaving out brown girls!  Which inspired lines such as Fashion Fair and Flori Roberts back in the day. Nowadays more brands have foundations for deeper skin tones-NARS and MAC are two that I can think of off the top of my head. Other brands such as Chanel and Guerlain or even drugstore brands like Almay, Physician's Formula, NYC, and countless act like brown women don't exist. Or some where I've heard rumors of racism swirl around them....(Jefree Star and Kat Von D-both lines you won't ever see my buying!).

So I'm happy for Rihanna. Her makeup is always on point. That being said I hope she really represents for brown girls! 


Another celebrity that's starting her own line is Kelly Rowland. I think Kelly Rowland has the most beautiful skintone and she has said that it will be specifically for brown skin, so I'm ready for her line to launch.


But at the same time I'm kind of tired of every celebrity (or people famous for nothing, Kylie/Black Chyna) starting makeup lines. Years ago, every celebrity had a book. And if they had children, a childrens book. Already wealthy people getting wealthy selling books, instead of giving out books to low income families or children in high risk areas. But now I'm going off topic.

I just can't help but feel like....another makeup line? Really? But since beauty is a billion dollar industry I guess there is enough pie for everyone to get a piece. I guess I just wish their was more variety in the business celebrities would venture into. For instance, Jadakiss and Style P started a Juice Bar to encourage their community to eat more healthy! 



Also does anyone remember a time when it was makeup artist that were coming out with lines? I find it interesting that more and more are being started by celebrities.

So that's just my very mixed up opinion. What do you think? Are you excited for these lines?

No comments:

Post a Comment