Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Summer Makeup: Blue to Purple Ombre Liner

I saw a video awhile back of ombre liner. For the most part, I'm not a big fan of ombre lips. I just don't like the way it looks in real life unless the colors are something other than purple/reds/pinks. But I actually do really love ombre liner. 

Especially now that it's starting to get hot. I think it's the perfect summer look with fresh, glow skin, and light makeup everywhere else. Oh, and a super glossy lip. I haven't really figured out the rest of the face makeup but this will do for now.

So I decided to try it myself with some blues and purples. I like the way it looks in real life but I don't think if photographed that well for me. And I was surprised at how easy it really is.

I used a white eyeliner pencil from Wet N Wild to get a thick liner shape on. Then I filled in the beginning of the line with NYX Turquoise, Urban Decay Chaos, and Urban Decay Urban at the end. I'm not sure the purple stands out enough on my skintone. And I could definitely work on shaping it best to my eye shape. So I think I will try it again with oranges and corals.

I almost forgot to add I also added some black eyeliner to it.



Still growing out the brows! I really hate this in between stage.

I think I will be rocking this type of liner a lot this summer.

Have you tried ombre liner? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment