Thursday, April 21, 2016

Urban Decay Half Baked Eyeshadow Review


This week seems to be all about the gold for me. Gold lipgloss, gold eyeshadow swatches, and now this review. It's all golden.

You already know I like to look up the names Urban Decay chooses. I had no idea what Half Baked meant but I found two pretty accurate definitions. One is a movie I have never seen with Dave Chapelle and the other means you are half high. Urban Decay and their names.


Urban Decay claims:
Golden Bronze
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades


I've avoided this shadow for years, convinced I didn't like more yellow golds. It turns out this has a lot more bronze/copper to it than I originally thought. It also doesn't look as bad on me as I thought it did. In fact, I really like it now. 

It comes as a single priced at $19 for the single, or you can get in the Naked 1 and 2. It's full sized in both. It's a much better deal if you purchase it in the palettes.

It's a very pigmented shadow and I find it wears well with or without primer. Although it's better with primer, I don't feel like I need primer for it to work. 



It pairs well with other colors in the palette (although I feel sometimes it looks muddy on my eye by the end of the day!). I mostly like to pair it with really bright colors...like bright purple and gold softly blended in for a summer fun look. 

This may be one of my favorite golds. Which is saying a lot coming from a girl that is not into gold shadow.
 Please ignore those brows. I'm in the process of growing them out. I'm trying to go for the overgrown look but it's taking a little longer than I thought. Also ignore the gold glitter. That's my highlight. 



And just for fun, since we were talking about Dave Chappelle earlier I thought I would drop a clip here to make you laugh. This is my favorite Chapelle clip ever. I guess because I want that purple stuff too...


No comments:

Post a Comment