Saturday, May 14, 2016

Grey Smokey Eyes with a Pop of Color

Not too long ago I swatched all my grey shadows. I pretty much never wear grey shadow, though I think it looks great with brown eyes, I don't think it does much for my skin tone. But maybe I just need to play with it more. So that's what I did.

Then almost too late I decided I wanted to put teal in the waterline. I had already put black so it didn't come out as vibrant as it should have. I kind of like the look but I feel I need to play with it. I started with a matte grey shadow and then added a pop of shimmer. I think it could do without the shimmer. 


I added some red blush- which was a mistake. The look was way too cool toned to go with such a warm blush shade. I know better for next time. 


At this stage I'm ready to pluck out all my brows but I'm really trying to stick with growing them out.


Overall I do like it. I think grey would look great with a pop of purple too.  I'll keep working on it, but that's what I have so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment