I thought it would be fun to do a post on all the makeup I would never intentionally try to pan since I've done quite a few posts on makeup I would like to try to finish up. These are things I don't use as often as I should because I tend to save them for special occasions. I usually have to remind myself I bought my makeup to use and not save. Not to mention you get hundreds of uses out of makeup such as eyeshadow and blushes. But these, I would never pan.
So let's get started.
1. Covergirl Queen Collection Ebony Bronze- This bronzer took me a while to warm up to. But once I started liking it, that was it. It's priced very reasonably and very easy to find so I'm not sure why I'm so reluctant to just go ahead and use it. I use it very lightly when I wear a bronze makeup look....or else something very summery. I try to be light handed with it as it is very red toned, but I love it! I've hit pan and have quite a few uses left in it. I think once it's done I might pick up the medium bronzer just to try it out.
2. Urban Decay Smog- Bronze eyeshadow is not hard to come by, but this one is my favorite. It's the perfect one shadow look for me and it's smooth and easy to apply. I think I might be OK with panning the Naked palette but not Smog. With primer it lasts all day, without I get about 6-7 hours before it starts creasing and fading.
3. Urban Decay Electric- I was really hoping they would come out with Electric 2. This is a permanent palette full of brights. And I love my brights. I do that weird thing where I love it but don't use it much because I'm "saving" it. So irrational. It's not like I can't replace it, it is a permanent palette!
4. NARS Blushes in Lovejoy, Exhibit A- Really most of my NARS blushes I would not pan. There are quite a few I love. But Exhibit A and Lovejoy are two of my favorites. But then again I really love Outlaw, Gina, Gilda, and Taj Majal too. They are readily available but expensive. So expensive and I have a hard time repurchasing something when I could try something new.
5. Makeup Forever 92, NYX Matte Turquoise, and Extreme Apricot- I use the matte purple shade anytime I do a purple look. I was "saving" it forever until I just decided to go ahead and use it. It's a pretty big pan which is great, but I would never intentionally pan it. As for the NYX shadows, they are discontinued. I love the colors because they are harder to find and I'm not sure how easy it would be to find dupes. I forgot to add exotic green to the mix but I wouldn't pan that either. I just recently fell in love with that color.
6. Urban Decay Betrayal, Radar,Sonic - Both shades are in Vice 2. Betrayal is very unique. It's a blue toned purple duo chrome. I don't know where to get a dupe of it. And I really don't like using it because I don't want to use it up. As for Radar, it's another one of those sparkly brown shades but theres just something special about it. Sonic was in the Vice 3 and it's a truly beautiful color. Almost like Cranberry but brighter.
7. MAC Heroine- I love this color and want to have it always. It's permanent so I could always get another. I think I would if I ever ran out of this lipstick.
There are many more shadows that I wouldn't pan, but these are the ones that stick out and come to mind immediately. Part of me is always thinking I should use it up because there is so much makeup out there to discover that I might love too. But it's still hard. Maybe I just need to change my mindset.
What are some of your favorites that you find yourself trying to save up or use only on special occasions?