Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Deep Steep Sugar Plum Argan Oil Sugar Scrub



I used to be a big fan of The Walking Dead. I saw the first four seasons and then just quit watching. I was tired of the whole Zombie storyline. Then I just forgot about the show, until my sister started watching. All of the sudden I was sucked back in. The only bad thing is the show encourages hoarding behavior. I start thinking I need a house with brick walls, cattle, stockpiles of dry food, chickens, etc to make it for when the Zombie Apocalypse happens-because it's inevitable right? And then I get relieved because when it does happen, I know that you have to injure the brain to kill a zombie. I probably shouldn't watch the show. But it's kind of addictive. And I tend to love everything based on graphic novels or comics, although I'm not a comic book reader. I read maybe two in my younger days. Anyone remember Calvin and Hobbes?

But any who, I'm way off topic. We are supposed to be talking sugar scrubs.

Deep Steep claims:
Deep Steep's moisturizing Argan Oil Scrub gently exfoliates dead skin cells, leaving smooth, radiant, polished skin

If you read my blog, you already know I'm a big fan of Deep Steep scrubs. I've used up quite a few of them. So when I saw the holiday scents at TJ's I snatched them up! I paid about $6 for this one. 

The scent is sugar plum. Which I've never had. In fact, I didn't even know they were real until I googled them just now.Apparently they are a hard candy. I might look for some when holiday comes around just to try something new!
The scent is berry. Blackberry to be specific. Although fresh blackberries don't have a scent to me. Maybe the baked ones? That being said, I don't love the scent as much as I love some of the others they have. There's just something in addition to the blackberry scent I don't like. It's better in the shower, but I would pick the peppermint one over this any day!

The scent lingers in the bathroom. I thought I had the container opened but it was closed and put away in the drawer. It sticks to the skin a little bit. It smells a little better  lingering on the skin than it does straight up or when you use it in the shower.

As always, it's very hydrating. It's almost like using an in shower body lotion. The scrubbing action is OK..but the sugar usually dissolves and I don't get as much scrub time as I want. But still it's quite exfoliating. If you want more scrub, make sure you use it on drier skin.

The packaging is nice. Just a little plastic tub with snowflakes against a purple background. Make sure you recycle it!

The ingredients as always are excellent. 

Ingredients: 
Sucralose, prunus domestica (plum) fruit extract, rubus fruticosus (blackberry) fruit extract, organic argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, aroma, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract.

Deep Steep is cruelty free, non-gmo, gluten free, and vegan.

Overall, I still love their scrubs- but this wasn't the scent for me.

Random: I always think of the Zumba workout song- Sugar Plum Fairy. I've been doing it forever, and I still can't get the dance right. I try!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment