I was always aware of oils, but as an combination oily/acne prone girl, I always thought it was best to just stay away. But then I started using pure Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, and my skin seemed fine. So I figured maybe my skin could take the oils...if not the worst thing that could happen was a break out. Now I'm kicking myself for not using them sooner. I mean, why use a moisturizer that contains sweet almond oil, when you can just use sweet almond oil? No preservatives and other icky things. You can even fragrance them, if you want.
1. Natures Garden Sweet Almond Oil- I bought this from naturesgradencandles.com for $3.99 for a 16 oz bottle. At first I was just using it to make my hair stuff. Then I decided to add some fragrance oil to it and use it as a lotion. I really wish I had tried it sooner. I thought it would be heavy and hard to absorb, but it absorbs so fast! And it leaves my skin really soft-elbows and knees included! Lately I've been adding different essential oils to make my own scents. I haven't tried it on my face, but I have tried it in my hair. It doesn't really do too much for my hair so I'll probably keep it as a body moisturizer.
2. Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil- I love Castor Oil. It works great as a hair sealant to seal in Shea Butter. Plus I add it my my eye makeup remover because Castor Oil is supposed to thicken up the hair. My bottle is almost finished..unfortunately I ended up spilling most of it, but I will be buying another bottle. It's a very thick oil. I haven't tried it on my face or body yet because it's so thick. When this bottle is done I will be buying another!
3. Botanical Societies Argan Oil- I haven't used this that much but I do love Argan Oil to blow out my hair. The last time I did it, it came out so soft! I plan on using it more on my skin once I use up some of my other oils and I will probably do a review on it.
4. Crafter's Choice Jojoba Oil- I've heard raves about Jojoba oil for years and only recently tried it on my face. I'm hooked. I've been using Rosehip seed oil on my face, but it's too heavy to use on my face during the day since it's a bit warmer. I've been using Jojoba which completely absorbs into my skin and I haven't been getting as oily. I put it in an empty bottle with a pump to make it easier to use. I think Jojoba is a must have for me! I haven't tried it in my hair, but it's on my to do list!
5. Crafter's Choice Walnut Oil- I haven't used Walnut oil at all. In fact, I didn't even know I had this.
6.Crafter's Choice Babassu Oil- Another I haven't used. I hear it's similar to Coconut oil. It is solid when it's cold and liquid when it's hot. I definitely need to give it a go!
7. Crafter's Choice Pumpkin Seed Oil- Again, I forgot I had this until I started doing this post. I need to do better!
8. Coconut Oil- One of my favorite oils. I love Coconut oil! I have two because I thought I was running out so I thought I was getting a deal at TJ MAXX and didn't realize I bought the wrong one until I already opened it. I meant to buy virgin, cold pressed coconut oil. Because that's what I prefer. But I bought expeller-pressed, refined. So now I have one of each. I usually use the one I don't like these days to get rid of it. I love it as a body moisturizer, in my hair etc. I just can't use it very often on my face because I start breaking out. Other than that, Coconut oil is a favorite!
10. Aura Cacia Rosehip Seed Oil- Rosehip Seed Oil is great for dry, aging skin. It's supposed to help with hyper pigmentation. I really love it as a night time facial moisturizer and under my eyes to help with wrinkles. I've almost used up the whole bottle! This is one I would definitely purchase again.
Clearly, I love my oils! I'm always looking for new ones to try but after this post I think I need to focus on using up some of what I already have! I really need to start making my own body butters so that might be my next project!
Have you tried any oils? Which are your favorites?