Friday, June 3, 2016

Shepherd's Pie

As you already know, I love cooking new things from around the world. This time, something Irish. I lived in the UK for almost three years when I was younger but I don't remember trying anything beside fish and chips, but apparently cottage pie (made with beef) is very popular there. I was going to make a cottage pie, but then I figured I would do it the authentic way and go ahead and use lamb. 

I got the recipe from Food Network. I love watching Food Network and remember watching Alton Brown a lot. He really gets into the science of cooking so I was excited to finally try one of his recipes and if this is what they are all like, I really should try more! It came out excellent. Although I will say lamb is an acquired taste if it's not something you are used to.

I ground the lamb myself. 

'

Sautéing my veggies.

Mashing the potatoes. 


All done, waiting for it to cool.



Plated and ready to dig in! 

Definitely a great recipe to try out!





No comments:

Post a Comment