Friday, June 3, 2016

Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow Review


Every time I see the name I think of Katy Perry's song...Dark Horse. And then I think of her makeup which was amazing. I really wish I could recreate all the looks in the music video. And speaking of the music video, does anyone think of Michael Jackson's Remember the Time? music video when they watch it?



Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades.

Urban Decay describes the color as a "deep mocha". I would say it's a deep brown color with some hints of golden bronze. It is a very interesting color on its own, but I find I have to be careful when mixing it unto looks because it can turn muddy real fast.

My favorite way to wear it is just all over the lid blended out. It gives me an interesting deep brown smoky eye. Sometimes a little black blended into the outer corner helps to give it some definition. 

It's a very pigmented color that is easy to blend and I find the wear time to be the same with or without primer. I get around 9 hours before it starts to fade. But I should note I have oily lids and it's been very humid here that past couple days. 

It comes in the original naked palette ($54 for 12 full size shadows)  or you can purchase it as a single for $19. In both cases you get .05 ounces. 


Too Faced Gilded Ganache. Urban Decay Darkhorse, Too Face Haute Chocolate

Overall, I really like the color...but if I ever used it up I probably wouldn't think twice about replacing it. I have other shimmery brown colors that could easily replace it, although they have different undertones etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment