Thursday, June 30, 2016

Frankie Lymon


Or technically Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers. I never knew who he was until I watched the movie   Why Do Fools Fall in Love? with Lorenz Tate (finnne), Vivica A. Fox, and Halle Berry back in middle school. It's definitely a good movie worth watching if you haven't seen it.


If course it's hard not to get into the music, and I definitely found a few songs I love.



A fun fact about the group, Barry Gordy used them as inspiration for the Jackson 5 group.

I also love Goody Goody. He's quite the performer here.


And of course Little Bitty Pretty One. The audience could not look more fed up. So rude. This song always reminds me of the scene in the movie where Frankie passes out on the stage from drug overdose. I can't listen to it without seeing that scene play in my head, which kind of sucks.


It's definitely worth checking out his music. I'm not his biggest fan- my sister is, they share the same birthdays. She could probably tell you a lot more about him than I ever could. It's just too bad that he wasn't able to adapt his sound over the decades, but that seems to be what happens with a lot of child stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment