Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mwah Coconut Chick Lip Balm Slider



I saw this in my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and skipped over it because of the childish packaging. But I ended up picking it up anyway because I had a coupon where I had to spend $15 in order to get five bucks off.  I had $15 of stuff- or so I thought, when I got the the register it all rung up on sale and I needed $3 more to get my five bucks off. So I rushed to the balm section and picked this up.

Mwah claims:
Mwah sliders are packed with delicious flavors and intense moisturizing ingredients like mango butter, shea butter and macadamia nut oil. Designed to fit perfectly in your pocket for on-the-go gorgeous lips.

It comes in three scents: Coconut Chick, Mango Tango, and Sweet Tart. I wanted the Sweet Tart scent but they were out so I just grabbed this one. I'm not a fan of the scent. It smells like Coconut Olive Oil. It has this salad dressing scent to it that I'm just not a fan of. 

And as I stated earlier I don't like the packaging. It just looks to juvenile with the bright pink and the yellow. The slider is nice though. I think they were going for a unique look, like the EOS lip balms have. I don't mind the slider, but I'm not a fan of balms I have to pick up with my finger. So I end up just sliding it directly on my lips. EDIT: Apparently that's how your supposed to use it! 

It has a glossy look to it, so it's definitely not for those that like a matte barely there lip balm. Also, it's kind of oily, but I don't mind it. 

My favorite thing about it is how smoothing it is. If you have flaky lips, this really works to smooth them out. Even after the balm has worn off. It really is very hydrating.

Not the cleanest list but some good ingredients. I could do without the artificial color but I like the different oils in it. 

Ingredients:
Sunflower Seed Oil,Beeswax, Yellow 11, Rapeseed Oil Copolymer, Rosehips Oil, Coconut Oil, Mango Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Abyssinian Oil,Vitamin E, Olive Oil, Aloe Leaf Extract, Kukui Nut Oil, Tiare Flower Extract, Macadamia Nut Oil, Red 17

It's not tested on animals, which is great. And it's made in a solar powered factory which is great for the environment. Also, a portion of the profits are given to the World Wildlife Fund.  Oh yeah, and it's made in the USA.

I don't think I would buy this again, but if I did I would definitely pick up a different scent. They cost anywhere from $2-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment