Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Zum Bar Tangerine-Orange Goats Milk Soap Review





Another goat milk soap. I don't know what it is about the idea of using a soap containing goat milk, but I really like it. This is the first soap I wanted to try from the Zum Bar brand, but I tried to pick up more unique scents first. Most brands have something with an orange scent.

Zum Bar claims:
  • BYOBar! It's a fruit par-tayyyy and your skin is invited to chug some totally tangy moisture. Grab your six pack (or beer belly) and start soothing your skin.
    Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with pure essential oils and mineral pigments. Enjoy!
    These citrus sisters revitalize and tone skin. Especially good for oily skin. 
So I'll start off with the scent. It's really nice straight from the bar. Very citrusy and uplifting. I really like the scent, I just wish it was a little stronger when I was actually using it. I thought it would have a bit more zest to it, but it's really quite mild. It doesn't scent my skin at all, which was kind of a bummer. 

The bar itself is 3 ounces for around five dollars. I picked it up on sale, so it cost me almost four dollars. Still quite expensive, especially since it seemed to melt away super quickly. Still cheaper and more natural than Lush soaps though.

The lather is great though. It's rich and thick and very cleansing without being very drying. I can skip lotion, no problem, even though it says it's great for oily skin. But it is summer though and my skin tends to not be as dry as it can get in the winter. 

The ingredients seems mostly natural. I just have one problem, I wish they would say specifically what their "goat milk base" is. I don't think they list enough about the ingredients they use on the packaging.

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, plan and castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with pure essential oils and mineral pigments.

Overall, it's a nice light scented citrus soap. I enjoyed the bar, but don't think I would pick it up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment