Saturday, June 25, 2016

Urban Decay Hustle Eyeshadow Review



Only two more shadows in the Urban Decay Naked Palette to review. It's taken forever, but I feel like I have a better understanding of the colors than I ever have before.

Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades.

Hustle is a deep purple brown with more purple than brown. On my eye it even pulls a little bit of silver. It's definitely a col-toned shadow on me. 

As with most Urban Decay shadows it's very pigmented and without a primer I get about 6 hours or more of wear, a little more depending on the weather. I definitely need a primer, but I have kind of oily eyelids.

I didn't start liking this color until I started pairing it with colors outside of the palette. Most looks I ended up doing with it paired with Naked shades turned out muddy. But I found I love pairing it with a deep, matte cool brown. My go to with this shadow is Puddin' from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet chocolate bar. 

It's not a must have shadow for me. I like it, but if I ran out I wouldn't miss it. I noticed it looks much more flattering on some others that the purple pulls through more. 

I swatched a couple shades from my collection, and I don't have anything similar...so it is very unique to my collection. 
Smashbox Juniper, Urban Decay Hustle, Too Faced Puddin'

Unlike most colors in the Naked palette, this is not available for individual sale, the only way to get your hands on it is the Naked palette.

Ingredients:
Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Sorbic Acid. 

Again, not a must have but I will get some use out of it.

Random: Angela Basset is coming out with a skincare line for dark skin. Angela Basset has great skin, so I'm very interested to see her products and the ingredients. Most likely I will never try it out since the price range is $50-340. Yeah..no. Wish she would make it more affordable. Would you buy it?



No comments:

Post a Comment