Sunday, July 10, 2016

Picnic Potato Salad

You can't eat everyones potato salad. Not everyone knows how to make it. Including me.

I've only made it twice. The first time I tried to make it how my dad makes it. It came out OK. Then I tried this recipe from Budget Bytes. I've made some great things from the site, this wasn't one of them. It was just so bland. So so bland.

I even tried making the mayonnaise myself...which came out pretty good. Who knew Mayo was so easy to make? The mayo I made had an olive oil flavor, since that was what I used. Definitely healthier for you and I would definitely make mayo again if I needed it. 

Surprisingly I did like the celery addition. I've never had celery in potato salad. 

Overall, this just wasn't a winner for me. 

Oh, well I tried.

If you want to check out the recipe for yourself, click this link. But I don't recommend it. 

I thought I took pics as I was making it, but apparently not. This was the only pic I took. 


Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment