Saturday, July 9, 2016

Revlon Ultimate ALL-IN-ONE Mascara Review



I hope you all are having a wonderful summer. The weather is nice. And I've managed to reach my summer color..yay! I went to the beach and absolutely skipped sunblock- I'm not sure if it's more beneficial to wear it or not because some claim the chemicals in them are harmful but then again the sun can cause premature wrinkles and other damage. I don't spend a ton of time in the sun and usually am pretty covered up. But let's stop talking beaches and sunny weather and get to the review. 

Revlon claims:
Revlon's Ultimate All-In-One Mascara has a high-impact formula that delivers the ultimate 5 benefits in 1.

Benefits:

  • Volume
  • Length
  • Definition
  • Lift
  • Intense Color

This mascara also includes the Revlon Power Mini Brush.

Features:

  • Hollow core designed to deposit formula for mega lash impact
  • Unique mini oval shape for easy application  

I got this mascara a little while back when Revlon had a $5 off coupon. That almost never happens and on the day I printed the coupon and redeemed it at Target. I ended up paying $1 for it. Excellent price. I haven't tried many Revlon mascaras. I think I've only tried Grow Luscious, which is now discontinued. Revlon streamlined the packaging on all their mascara so it looks almost the same with just a different color lid. The brushes are different though. I'm not really a fan of the streamlined look, it's kind of boring. They should have kept their old packaging.

The packaging on this mascara black and red and for some reason reminds me of a space shuttle. I was completely surprised when I pulled out the wand to find it so tiny. It's a plastic bristled wand with a small hole in the center. It's definitely a more unique brush but I tend to prefer natural bristled brushes because they just work better on my lashes. The wand is also quite flexible, but I don't think it helps application.

It's more of a wet formula. Drying time is average. The color is black but it could be blacker. Although the wand is small I still find I have to be careful or I will make a mess all over my lids. Some people may find it easier to control, I just tend to make a mess with most wands anyway. Since the brush is so small it's easy to get the lower lashes, so I could see some people using it exclusively on the bottom. It goes on quite light on the bottom lashes though, so unless you take forever to build it will be subtle.
For comparison, a regular wand and the Revlon wand.

Because it is the ultimate all in one, I was expecting long, thick, lush, lashes. This mostly gives length. Not much thickness. And I find unless I want it to look like I have seven lashes I really need to wipe the brush off each time before use. My eyelashes are numerous, short/medium, curly, and very fine for reference. 


It lasts very well though. I feel like it looks the same at the end of the day as when I applied it and it doesn't flake unless I'm messing with my lashes.

All that being said, I don't like it much and wouldn't purchase again. It needs to be more volumizing. 

I do like that's it's made in the USA. And the expiration date according to packaging is 6 months from when you open.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) Eau, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax) Cire D Abeille, Polyurethane-35, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire De Carnauba, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Steareth-21, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP, Dibutyl Adipate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Phytantriol, Nylon-6, Butylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein / PVP Crosspolymer, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben. May Contain: Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

But yeah, not a repurchase for me. Have you tried it or any new Revlon mascaras?

No comments:

Post a Comment