Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Urban Decay Creep Eyeshadow Review



It seems everybody is addicted Pokemon Go. I downloaded the app yesterday just to try it out, since I was a big fan of Pokemon back in the day. I still have the gameboy game and all my Pokemon cards. I caught a couple, but catching Pokemon is hard work. Now I know how Ash felt. I kind of wish the game had Team Rocket too. It just seems odd to have a Pokemon game without them. Anyway, this is a shadow review so lets get started. 


Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades.

Soft, amazingly velvety texture
• Rich, dense and decadent color
• Smooth, uniform pigment distribution and blendability
• Long-lasting, crease-free wear

I don't wear dark eyeshadows very often. And especially not black. But many people believe if you have any eyeshadow in your collection it should be a black. Most palettes these days come with a black, so more than likely if you have a couple palettes, you have a couple blacks.
Smashbox Blackout, Urban Decay Creep, Too Faced Licorice

Creep is a grayish, black with barely noticeable multi-colored sparkles. I prefer my blacks to be matte and super super dark. The sparkles in this one hardly transfer, but still they kind of get on my nerves. I don't like when a shadow has sparkles and it hardly shows, although it does seem to show in the pic. Weird.

Most of the time many people seem to like to add a little depth to the crease with black. For some reason, that just isn't a look that flatters me. Others use it up by going over pencil liner with it to lock the pencil in place, not a look I wear often either. Sometimes I do add a bit in the waterline because that is a look I like, but it's probably better to use gel or pencil for that. And if I wore black smokey eyes I would probably just use a little blended on the outer corners of my eye and nothing else.

I find I do need primer with it. I get about 6 hours of wear without fading or creasing, but keep in mind it is July (hello hot humid weather!). It does better for me in winter months.It is pretty easy to blend too which is always a plus.

There are many options for a shadow like this. But even with all those options I'm still just not a fan. This is one of those shadows I really have to force myself to use or else it gets ignored. In the years I've had the palette I have barely touched it. 

This one is not one of the shadows available for individual sale. You can only get it in the Naked palette. It is a full size in the Naked palette at .05 ounces. 

Ingredients:
Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide. 

Like I said I prefer more matte black shadows without the grayish undertone. Not something I would repurchase or probably even use up unless I were really trying to. 

Every time I see the name I think of TLC's Creep. So I creep....yeahhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment