Monday, September 19, 2016

MAC 219 Pencil Brush Review



I've really been slacking on keeping up with the new collections coming out. I completely forgot about the Selena collection coming out. She definitely wore some great reds and I was pretty excited to see the collection. A part of me really wants to pick one up, but I definitely don't need any lipstick, plus I have a feeling this one will sell out instantly. MAC also did a collection with Taraji Henson. And those highlighters and that lipstick is pretty tempting. But I just don't need it. I really don't (If I keep repeating it, maybe I'll believe myself!). 

Anyway, today I'll be reviewing the MAC 219.

MAC claims:
For precision shading on the lid, in the eye crease or along the lash line. The soft, smooth fibres of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eye liner into eye shadow to create a smoky-looking eye. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

I went a long, long time without a pencil brush. Well, not really. I did have one on the end of an old Essence brush, but it's always been a little wonky so I almost never used it. I had heard great things about the MAC pencil brush, so I got it. I've had it a couple years now. I remember being surprised at how stiff the brush was when I first got it. I had seen people scrubbing/blending shadow under the eyes with it, but in my experience it's a little too rough for that.

It's great for placing shadow under the eyes and that about it. I've also seen people doing detail work on the lid with it. But I don't like it that way either. Maybe it's my eye shape. Sometimes I'll use it to smudge pencil liner. It's OK for that.
Comparison to the NARS #14 Brush

I just haven't really fallen in love with the brush. I have a NARS #14 brush, that works a lot better for me as a "pencil brush". 

I did buy it a couple years ago, and now have no idea how much I paid. It's $25 but I feel like I got it for less. 

It's not a must have brush for me. I do use it, but there are other brushes I would rather reach for first. 

Also, I like to note where each brush is made. MAC has some made in China, France, and Japan. This one is made in Japan.

Do you use pencil brushes? What's you favorite?

Random: My cannoli came out excellent yesterday. The shells were a little small. I need a larger cookie cutter to cut them out, but so delicious.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment