Thursday, September 1, 2016

Triple Berry Smoothie

Yum, Yum Smoothie! I love them and I used to be hooked on Naked. But those things are expensive. And since I've been making my own, they just haven't tasted as great. Usually when I make smoothies I go for the green. But every now and again I like to whip out my Vitamix book and make something from it.

This particular one is the Tripe Berry, as you can probably tell from the title. It has yogurt, red grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Full of anti-oxidants!
Red grapes and yoghurt not pictures. I just washed them and let them dry so I could throw them in the freezer!

And not bad tasting either. It wasn't very sweet. I found the raspberries  and yogurt definitely gave it a sourness. But then again I didn't use vanilla yogurt, I just used plain yogurt with some vanilla extract which is probably why it wasn't as sweet as it should have been. 

Overall, it's OK. But it doesn't top the Summer Blush smoothie from Vitamix. That one was amazing!

I don't think I would go out and buy these berries to make it( they are expensive!), but if I happened to have these on hand at the same time I would probably make it again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment