Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Deep Steep Snowflake Argan Oil Scrub




These are basically the only scrubs I've reviewed in the last year. And for good reason! I love them. They all basically do the same thing they just smell a little different. Oh, and some have Argan Oil. 

Deep Steep claims:
Deep Steep's moisturizing argan oil sugar scrub gently exfoliates dead skin cells, , leaving smooth, radiant, polished skin.





So snowflake doesn't really tell you much about the scent. I had no idea what it smelled like until I opened it outside the store. It basically smells like Lemon Sugar Cookies. And I love anything that smells like Lemon Sugar Cookies. It was part of the holiday collection, but I think this one should be part of the permanent line.

The scrub is the same as all the others. It's not the most scrubby scrub. You can kind of adjust it by having your skin more dry or damp when you use it Dry skin means more scrub, while damp makes it more gentle. Also the sugar crystals dissolve a little slower on dryer skin. I like a lot of scrub action so I tend to use it on dryer skin. Although I wish it was a bit more scrubby still.

It almost functions as an in shower body lotion since it leaves an oil coating on the skin. Some people probably won't like it, but I love it! I just towel dry and my skin is super hydrated and soft. The oil eventually sinks in and leaves you with smooth skin. 

The jar usually lasts me about 3-4 uses. But I'm kind of heavy handed with it. Your mileage might vary.

It leaves a subtle scent on your skin too!

Sometimes I even use them as a lip scrub and on my face. I don't think it's supposed to be used on the face...but oh well. 

As always it's vegan, cruelty free, all natural, made in the USA, gluten free, non-gmo. etc 

Ingredients:
Sugar, Lemon Extract, Organic Vanilla Fruit Extract, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Aroma, Rosemary Leaf Extract

I bought it for around $6 at TJ's. The retail price on them is around $10-11. I wouldn't mind paying full price for them, but why do that when I can get them for less. I'm kind of sad though because this is the last in my stash and I haven't spotted any new ones in TJ's! 

This is definitely in the top 5 scents of the ones I've tried. It doesn't quite beat the vanilla peppermint, but it's good enough that I wish it were permanent.

Have you tried anything from Deep Steep? Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments?


Now I kind of want some Lemon Sugar Cookies.....


No comments:

Post a Comment