Wednesday, October 19, 2016

South of France Orange Blossom Honey French Milled Soap Review



I definitely review soaps the most of out of anything on my blog. And today....another soap review. I tried a Shea Butter soap from them long ago. It was kind of my stand in, because I really wanted to try the french brand, Pre De Provence. But I'm not a fan of some of the ingredients, so this is a great alternative to those!

South of France claims:
Infused with the aroma of freshly-made Provençal honey enriched with the essence of orange blossoms
Mass Balance Sustainable Palm Oil, Saponified Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Natural Colorants, Blends of Natural and Essential Oils and Fragrance
6 oz bar

The brand has a ton of different scents. I started with the Shea Butter- because I can't resist anything with Shea butter in the title. And now all these months later I picked this one up on sale for $3. They don't go on sale very often unfortunately! I picked this one up because it was the first I saw, and I couldn't possible put it back down once I smelled it! It smells great! I've never smelled orange blossom though, so I can't say whether it smells like it, but I do get a bit of honey. It mostly just smells very fresh. It's been scenting up part of the bathroom and I love it!

The lather is thick, rich, and cleansing. And it leaves my skin feeling pretty soft. Plus, it's a light orange, my favorite color!

It doesn't melt away from sitting in the shower like some of the softer handmade natural soaps. It's supposed to be triple milled so it lasts longer. It's not lasting a super long time, but it's doing OK.

The bar is a bit larger than most at 6 oz.

And it comes in a very nice, recyclable packaging. 

It's all natural, free of junk ingredients, non-gmo- cruelty free, and made in the USA (although I thought it was made in France at first!).

Ingredients:
Saponified mass balance sustainable palm oil, saponified coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, organic shea butter, natural colorants, blends of natural essential oils and fragrance.

It's my favorite of the two I've tried so far- and definitely just a favorite soap overall. I would highly recommend it. It kind of reminds me of the Dove Go Fresh Mandarin and Tiare Soap, maybe because it's orange. But I think it would be a great more natural alternative to the Dove one!

I will definitely be trying out more. The fig one sounds great- actually they all do!




No comments:

Post a Comment