Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer Review



A very nice man gave my Mom a $100 gift card in Kohl's. So she split it. I used my portion to get this primer. I have wanted to try Loracs much raved about eyeshadows but the last thing I need is eyeshadow, so I'm putting that purchase off for awhile (a long while!). I needed a primer though, so I figured I may as well tried it if only just to say I've tried something from Lorac.


Lorac claims:
This gentle, lightweight, oil, fragrance and paraben free formula keeps your eye shadow picture-perfect from daytime to Prime Time. Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw to be used Behind The Scenes on photo shoots and on the Red Carpet, this unique eye shadow primer easily glides on for crease-resistant, silky-smooth color that lasts!

I've tried it in hot weather, cool weather...and it just doesn't work very well. From a $21 eye primer I expect the shadow to look freshly applied all day. This fades, creases- sometimes just as soon as I put an eyeshadow on if I don't apply thin enough layers. It just.. isn't that good.

I've tried using a little, tried using a lot. It just doesn't work very well for me. Applying thin layers and laying down a little powder helps, but again at that price I expect better.

It's the typical texture you would expect from an eyeshadow primer. And it goes on clear...which is what I prefer.

I do have pretty oily eyelids and eyeshadows do love to crease and fade so maybe it's better on normal lids? 


The packaging is very Meh. It doesn't have that pointed tip that some have. It's like a lip gloss tube that they just decided to use to hold eye primer. Also, I'm not too thrilled that the lettering has rubbed off. I expect that from drugstore stuff, not so much for the more expensive stuff. 

You get .53 ounces for $21, Too Faced Shadow Insurance is .35 ounce for $20, and the Urban Decay is .33 ounce for $20. You are definitely getting more for your money compared to some of the other popular primers.

I've tried a couple different eye primers (Urban Decay Original and Eden, MAC Paint Pot) and my favorite of them all so far is the Too Faced Shadow insurance. It makes my eyeshadow last pretty much all day. It is pretty pricy though, which is why I haven't repurchased it. 

Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene, Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492


So overall, wouldn't purchase it again, wouldn't recommend it. Maybe it works better with Lorac shadows? 

What's your favorite primer? Let me know in the comments.

Speaking of Lorac...doesn't there new Mega Pro look nice? Still way more lighter shades than I would use but they seem a little darker than they were in previous palettes. I kind of want it, but I'm sticking to my eyeshadow no buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment