Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume Review


I heard a lot of great things about this perfume, and it was on the best selling list, at Sephora, so I thought I would try it out for myself. So it went on my birthday wish list, and I got it for my birthday. I'm not a fan of Marc Jacobs (at all!), but I didn't really realize that until a couple months after I received it. I'm not sure I would purchase or support his line further, but I am going to review what I have.

Marc Jacobs claims:
The Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau de Toilette 1.7 oz is an interpretation of Daisy with a more fruity and bubbly scent story. Notes include raspberry, grapefruit, pear, violet, wild rose, apple blossom, musk, cedarwood and plum. A weighted glass bottle features a gold-tone cap with a soft daisy decal in pink, white and yellow. 

I love the bottle. Although the flowers seem a bit cheap feeling, they look very pretty and vintage like. I'll probably keep the bottle long after it's empty just because I like it so much!

I really loved the scent when I first got it too! It seems strong and like it lasted forever. I'm not sure if my nose has gotten used to it, but it doesn't stand out like it did the first couple of weeks I got it. And it also doesn't seem to last as long (it lasted half the day and then through the next morning when I went to shower!), although it really could be that I've gotten used to it. That's a bummer!

Another thing it could be is that I noticed I loved it in the cold weather, and since it's been pretty warm lately, it's not wearing the same

The scent is hard to describe. I'm looking at the scent notes, and I wouldn't really say I can pick out any of those notes. It doesn't smell fruity at all to me. More...floral, musky. Not floral in a way that gives me a headache, not even floral in the way I think of most florals. I almost expected it to smell of daisies but nope! I think I'm doing a bad job of describing it. I think its one best smelled for oneself. And tested to see how you like it with your body chemistry. 


I have the big bottle, the 3.4 ounce. It's going to be awhile before I completely use it up. 

The price is pretty high, $75 for the 1.7 ounce and over $100 for the 3.4. Definitely on the pricier side as far as scents go.

I do really like it. But just like. Not love. It's a nice one, I'll have no problem finishing up the bottle (it's good for everyday!), but I probably wouldn't repurchase (or bday wishlist it!). That's usually what I feel like with most of my perfumes. It takes an extra special scent for it to be something I would want to own forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment