Thursday, November 3, 2016

Natural Alternatives to Lush Soaps Part 2

I'm going to try for part 2 of Lush soaps. I'm not completely sure I have enough alternatives to make another full post, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. 

So let's get started. 

1. Lush Sandstone- So apparently reading the review for this, I LOVED it. I thought the concept was very unique. And it really is. I really can't remember how it smelled, but apparently very citrus like. Good citrus soaps are easy to find when it comes to natural soaps. I would definitely reccomend Plantlife Lemongrass, or Biggs and Featherbelle Lemon bar (they were in the last post). But I feel like I should choose something new. So I'm going with Plantlife Coconut Lime. You can't really smell the coconut, it's straight up lime. If you are into something citrusy I think you would definitely be pleased with this. I got my 4 oz bar for $4. Lush usually run $7-8 for 3.5. So you can definitely see the savings with that one. Let's peep the ingredients!

Lush Sandstone:

  • Water (Aqua)
  •  
  • Sand
  •  
  • Glycerine
  •  
  • Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil
  •  
  • Sodium Stearate
  •  
  • Perfume
  •  
  • Litsea Cubeba Oil
  •  
  • Coriander Oil
  •  
  • Sodium Chloride
  •  
  • EDTA
  •  
  • Tetrasodium Etidronate
  •  
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  •  
  • Gardenia Extract
  •  
  • Citral*
  •  
  • Geraniol*
  •  
  • Lilial
  •  
  • Limonene*
  •  
  • Linalool*
  •  
  • Hydroxycitronellal

Plantlife Coocnut Lime soap:
Agua (Water), Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Saponified Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Organic Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Organic Coconut) Milk Powder & Proprietary Blend of 100% Pure Essential Oils.



2. Lush Demon in The Dark- I tried this when I hated mint bath and body products. I have since changed my mind, because I've tried some great mint stuff. This is terrible. It smells like mint and dirt. And I hated the wax on it. The concept and name was cool. But that's it. So my pick, Zum Bar Clove Mint. I LOVED that bar. Mint, with a hint of clove. So mint and spice. SO much better than mint and dirt. The Zum Bar was about $4 for 3.5 ounces. Lush...$7/8. Go for the Zum Bar!

Lush Demon in the Dark Ingredients:
  • Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil
  •  
  • Glycerine
  •  
  • Water (Aqua)
  •  
  • Organic Apple Juice
  •  
  • Sodium Stearate
  • Dried Peppermint Leaf
  •  
  • Peppermint Oil
  •  
  • Spearmint Oil
  •  
  • Clove Bud Oil
  •  
  • Sodium Chloride
  •  
  • EDTA
  •  
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  •  
  • Tetrasodium Etidronate
  •  
  • Eugenol*
  •  
  • Limonene*
  •  
  • Perfume
  •  
  • Gardenia Extract
  •  
  • Colour 42090
  •  
  • Black Wax (Specerit Black Z)

Zum Bar Clove Mint Ingredients:



3. Lush Sea Vegetable: This is another soap that was great in concept but didn't quite blow me away like I thought! You know that price leads you to have high expectations. I didn't expect it to smell so awful, it smelled like a toilet. Zum Bar Sea Salt was everything I expected it to be. I think the Sea Salt bar is Eucalyptus...or something. Whatever it is, it smells so fresh and good. Get it. Skip Sea Vegetable. 

Lush Sea Vegetable ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, Water, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Coarse Sea Salt, Sodium Stearate,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Arame Seaweed, Lime Oil, Lavender Oil, Seaweed Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA,Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Citral, *Geraniol,*Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090,Colour 19140

Zum Bar Sea Salt Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with pure essential oils, sea salt and mineral pigments. 


4. Lush Dirty- If Colgate made soap, this would be it. Smells like straight up toothpaste. I just don't think Lush does mint well. For now I've only got the Zum Bar Clove mint to reccomend. I won't re-list all the info on that...just check out  #2 Demon in the Dark on this list!

Lush Dirty Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Glycerine, Spearmint Oil, Menthol Crystals, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, *Limonene, *Linalool,Methyl Ionone, Colour 77499, Colour 61570, Colour 77019, Colour 77891

And now...soap I've completely failed to alternatives for...Lush Sultana (mmmm...), Lush Figs and Leaves (smelled so good, not strong enough though!), and Lush Miranda (grapefruit/koolaide/kiwi...). I've just got nothing. But I'm on it! I am, I will be looking out for alternatives. And I will update as I find them. 

In the meantime, check out Part 1!

Of course, these are only soaps I've tried. I was on a complete Lush kick a few years ago. And then I was just over their soaps. I think I'm happier with other options I've found that have better ingredients and are cheaper, although I do kind of miss the creativeness of their soaps. 

Are you up for trying some alternatives? Let me know in the comments!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment