Monday, November 7, 2016

Nars Liberte Blush Review







Continuing on with the blush reviews....this was an impulse purchase. I was just browsing the NARS blushes and decided I needed this. It has more of a hint of red than some of the other blushes in the lineup. I want all Nars blushes that sounded orange/red since two of my favorites are Taj Mahal and Exhibit A.

NARS claims: 
Burnished Apricot
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.
  • Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades
  • Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application
  • Iconic NARS shades



NARS blushes are quite pricey ringing in at $30. I got mine a little cheaper for around $26 or so. I bought mine on impulse but I recommend trying it on if you can. If not make sure you purchase from a place that would be easy to exchange if you didn't like it.

NARS describes it as a burnished apricot...whatever that means. I think of an orangey color when I think apricots, and this definitely leans a little more red/pink, especially when I put it on. Although not nearly as red as NARS reddest blush. I don't get much orange at all.

I really do like the color. Not love. Just like. I don't regret purchasing, but I also don't think it's one i would replace if I did run out. 

It's super warm. Which is great because I prefer warm blushes over cool. It goes great with warmer eyeshadow looks, especially warm browns. It clashes with cooler colors. I also like to wear it with a neutral matte eye when I want my cheeks to stand out a little more.

The texture is soft and very blend able. Just make sure you build slowly! It's easier to add than take it away.....

It doesn't last all day on me. I would say about 6-7 hours and then it's gone. It tends to last better when you layer a little more on, but it can hard to do that with this one without it looking like too much! 

The packaging is super sleek, velvety, and nice. I know some people complain it gets dirty fast but I haven't had that problem. I don't travel too much with them though, they tend to stay in my makeup drawers. It might be a good idea to wipe them down every now and again though.


NARS blushes are made in Canada. They cost $30 for .16 ounces. In comparison MAC blushes will run $22 for .21 ounces and Urban Decay are $26 for .23 ounces. They are quite a bit more money than most blushes, but you need so little so it should last forever. I've used this quite a bit and you can hardly tell! 

Overall, there are other blushes I prefer over this, but it still has a place in my collection.

I probably should have gone heavier so that it picks up more.....but you get the general idea. My eyeshadow wasn't picking up as warm as it is in person, but you get the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment