Monday, November 14, 2016

Soapbox Peppermint All Natural Bar



It's me the non-blogger....checking in to do a quick post. It has been pretty crazy this past week...and I've just been dealing with my feeling on the disappointment that is America (Trump though? shakes head!.) And busy apartment hunting. Which is a lot harder than I thought. But I need to blog, at least on this soap that is steadily melting away, and I like to do reviews before I completely use something up and forget how I liked it! Because I will do that....

Soapbox claims:
Give Hope
SoapBox's mission is to empower customers to change the world through everyday, quality purchases. That's why this bar also gives back a bar of soap to a person in need. 

I've used this brand before...I had the cinnamon soap. Which was definitely a fave. But then they discontinued this. And I think this one is discontinued too, but they are still showing up in outlet stores so I figured I would do a review on it. The brand has changed a lot these past few months, mostly because they have been expanding into larger stores (like Walmart!). Which is good because they reach a wider consumer base and donate more soaps, but I don't think soaps are handmade anymore. I don't know how I feel about that.

So this peppermint one smells like straight up floss. I've had a toothpaste smelling soap (Lush Dirty) and this is it's cousin. I don't really want to be reminded of flossing when I shower so it's not my thing. The scent was extremely light but as I've been using it more it's been getting stronger- the opposite of most soaps.



The lather is decent, but pretty drying. Usually if I skip moisturizer it's not a big deal. Today my skin was irritated in some spots because it was rather dry. I had to lotion immediately. It just seemed to be certain area's of my skin though not all over and it could just the be the weather changing my skin a bit since it is colder. 

I forgot to get a pic of the soap. It's just your typical bar os soap with the soapbox logo! It's five ounces which is a decent size, especially at the price I paid for it.

It's mostly natural, although I'm not too sure about the Sodium Gluconate.

Ingredients:
Saponified Coconut Oil,  Water, Glycerin, Natural Fragrance Blend, Organic Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Safflower Oil, Sea Satl, Salt, Sodium Gluconate


I got the bar for $1.99, which is not too bad for a mostly natural bar. I wouldn't recommend it though, which I'm kind of sad about because I love that they donate soap to people in need with every purchase. You are supposed to be able to type in your code and see where your soap is going...I'm not too sure, from what I could tell mine might be going to Baltimore. It was kind of hard to tell, which is something I think the company could work on.

I do have a soap from them in Mandarin, so hopefully I have better luck with that one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment