Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Soapbox Mandarin All-Natural Bar Soap



Back with another soapbox soap review. Not too long ago I reviewed the peppermint one, and even longer ago than that I reviewed the cinnamon. Their soaps used to seem handmade, the newer ones not so much. I don't really like them as much as the first one I tried.

Soapbox claims:
Kick your energy into gear with SoapBox Elements Mandarin Bar Soap. Simply crafted with aloe, olive oil, coconut oil and a blend of essential oils, this soap won't dry out your hands, but it will tingle your senses! Lather up for clean and beautiful skin, and squeeze more joy into your day!


So I'll start off with the good. I like the scent. It could be stronger but it smells really good. Like real mandarin oranges with a hint of sweet tart candy scent to it. Doesn't linger, doesn't fill up the bathroom, but I can smell it and it's kind of uplifting. 

The soap looked like the peppermint, white...boring. I only paid $1.99 so I won't complain too much about it.

The lather is decent. Gets me clean.

The problem is it's pretty drying. And it's not good on sensitive skin areas. Made some of my skin, dry, itchy, and irritated. Not fun. And a deal breaker.

I wish I loved it, because I love what the company stands for. And I would love to recommend it to everyone  For every product bought they donate soap to someone in need. There's a code where you can see exactly where your donated soap is going. Mine went to Burma. Pretty cool. 

The ingredients are pretty good, so I'm not sure exactly where it went wrong for me.

Ingredients:
Saponified Coconut Oil, Water Glycerin, Natural Fragrance Blend, Organic Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Salt, Sodium Glucoside

The soap is made in the USA, non-GMO, Cruelty Free and Vegan, Palm Oil Free, and Gluten Free.

Overall, I really like the scent, but I just wouldn't buy it again since it didn't mesh well with my skin. I liked their older cinnamon soap (discontinued now) and it's kind of disappointed they stopped making excellent soaps and replaced them with soaps so subpar. These are now discontinued but they  are still being sold at TJ MAXX in some other interesting scents that I will be sure to avoid. 

Have you tried anything from this brand? How did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment