Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Valentina's Home Brewed Sweet Dreams Body and Massage Oil



I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I know I'm kind of late, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  Still trying to get back in the swing of blogging. It's just I have a lot of mini projects in my mind and they take a lot of research. Like painting my couch. I did a lot of research, now I'm thinking about just going ahead and ordering the paint. Maybe make it a weekend project. Or a week. I don't think it will be done in two days. Also I've been reading. I finished the second Harry Potter book and then watched the movie last night. I'm an adult now and still love those books...Anyway, back on topic!

  1. Valentina's claims:
  2. Deeply moisturizing and yet quickly absorbed, our body oil is a great post-bath or shower ritual for morning or night.
  3. The most hypnotic scents come to life at night: Jasmine, Vanilla and the smokey wisp of Sandalwood. Envelope your skin in this entrancing layer of floral alchemy and let your imagination run wild.


This stuff always catches my eye in the store because I'm just naturally drawn to glass packaging. And especially brown glass bottles. I love them! I also wanted to try what's inside the bottle but the price is just a little steep. Luckily, they were on sale, so I picked out this one. I thought it would be nice to have a relaxing oil for night time use. Or just whenever. Lately I love the smell of Lavender too so I figured I couldn't go wrong. 

It's mostly MCT oil (from Coconuts) and essential oils. I've done a little bit of reading on MCT oil and I'm still not sure what the heck it is. I would rather just use pure coconut oil or something else easy to understand. It looks like they changed to sunflower oil now though, so it is a little easier to understand. Although sunflower is some of the cheapest oil you can get-just saying!

The MCT reminds me of sweet almond oil. It absorbs quickly and it's hydrating without being greasy.   That being said, I don't think it would be good for massage since it absorbs so quickly-unless that's what you are specifically looking for. 

The scent is interesting. I used a jasmine argan oil that smelled divine. And I was expecting this to smell like it but better since it has Lavender and Sandalwood, two more scents I enjoy. I definitely smell the jasmine, maybe a teeny bit go lavender. No sandalwood. I think it's the Jasmine in it that I don't like. It's OK. But just OK. Nothing I would every buy again and nothing that has me excited to use it. 

Then every time I use it, I can't help but think how easy and how much cheaper you can DIY for. I like to mix my own usually, and you can use whatever oils you want. And you can definitely do it way under five depending on where you get your oils from! Not to mention you would be getting way more than 4 ounces. The start up essential oils might cost a bit but they last forever and you can even just use a single scent if you wanted too!

It's made in the USA, no artificial scents or colors, no parabens, no phthalates. That's good.

But even so, I think I like the bottle a lot more than what's inside. I wouldn't be opposed to trying some of the other scents though, just not anytime soon!

Have you tried anything from this brand? Did you like it, love it, recommend it?

Let me know in the comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment