Sunday, January 1, 2017

Kiss My Face Olive Oil Bar Soap





So first things first Happy New Year! I can't believe it's already 2017. 2016 flew by with the quickness. It was a good year, but I'm definitely ready for 2017. It's going to be a great year. I can feel it. So I'm going to start it off with a soap review. Then start on my usual New Year year or end of the year posts. 

Kiss My Face claims:
Cleanse and moisturize. This traditionally crafted 86% Pure Olive Oil bar soap is moisturizing and loaded with nourishing antioxidants- perfect for all skin types. It is made with 3 simple ingredients plus non- GMO verified.


Olive Oil is supposed to be a great oil for the skin. It is an excellent moisturizer. And I would love to use it on my skin, but it tends to make you smell like a bottle of salad dressing. And I am not a salad so that's no. Using an olive soap is the best way to get the benefits of Olive Oil without the smell. Not too long ago I had a lip balm by this company, and I was interested in trying more, it wasn't until this went on sale that I bought it. 

This soap is made in Greece. Which is cool, I love trying soaps made around the world and I don't think I've ever tried a soap made in Greece. The ingredients in the soap are simple, olive oil, water, and salt. No junk. No added scent. But it does have a scent. Surprisingly, it smells like rubber. I'm not a fan, but it's easy to kind of get used to. I think the Lavender one would be better though and I will definitely be trying that one. 

I think I paid around $3 and some change for it. Which I think is a great price considering the bar is 8oz (harder so it doesn't melt away quickly either!) and it has such a high percentage of olive oil.

My favorite thing about the soap is the color. It doesn't have any added color so I'm guessing that's just the olive oil that colors it. Works for me.

Also the bar is HUGE. I got the 8 oz bar. Which is nice because it's huge. But it's kind of hard to handle in the shower. I found myself dropping it a lot. They do offer smaller bars though, so I can always spring for the smaller bar next time.

The lather is great, and it's not hard to get clean. My favorite thing about this bar is how it makes my skin feel. No dryness whatsoever, even in the dead of winter. And I was having issues with quite dry skin. This, I can skip lotion and my skin still looks nice and hydrated and feels soft. Even elbows and knees. 

I even tried it on my face a couple times. I want to buy a bar and use it exclusively for my face and see what it does, but the few times I used it I really liked it.

Overall, I really don't like the rubbery smell but I love the way it makes my skin feel. If I has having a problem with my skin, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again, but it will definitely be the Lavender scented one next time. 

I think it's worth checking out!

Have you tried anything from the Kiss My Face Brand? Any recommendations? 

Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. Natural olive oil soap has been the most preferred soap for centuries due to its magnificent moisturizing and cleaning properties. Its intensive vitamin E and antioxidant properties nourish the skin and antiaging effects has become a myth. Olive oil is vitamin E rich, which restorates, nourishes and improves elasticity of skin. For this reason, it has been very special for centuries and still maintains its special place. https://www.naturalturkishsoap.com/product/natural-olive-oil-soap/

    ReplyDelete