Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Seaweed Company Detox Cellulite Soap Review



I almost didn't write this post. I planned on blogging as soon as I got home while I had some stuff cooking but just never got around to it because I had to run out last minute and pick up some ingredients. That I didn't pick up the day before on purpose. And didn't plan to get but then all of the sudden changed my mind and before I knew it I was in the store. But...here I am writing my post. I've put off blogging so much that skipping a day isn't an option. A day would turn into two and so on and so forth. But let me stop rambling and get on with the review.

The Seaweed Company claims:

Moisturizing and exfoliating, our Detox Cellulite Soap gently cleanses, calms and nourishes all skin and minimizes the appearance of cellulite.
  • We use organic, sustainably-harvested Maine bladderwrack seaweed for its 65+ vitamins and minerals to benefit your skin.
  • Ingredients include antioxidant-rich, microcirculation-promoting Arabica coffee, ultra-hydrating coconut and Hawaiian kukui oils, cinnamon bark and charcoal.
This is a new company for me. I've seen it in the health grocery stores I go to but the $5.99 price tag puts me off. Although I'm always immediately attracted to the box. Luckily, I ended up finding it in TJ MAXX for $2.99. Couldn't pass up that deal. 

This soap makes a lot of big claims....check out their page if you want to read them all. Basically it has special Maine seaweed that's supposed to be amazing for your skin. Ermmm...ok.

So I'll start off with scent. It was a light coffee vanilla (not very coffee-ish tho). I really like the scent directly from the bar. But it didn't do too much for me in the shower since it was so light.

It can be quite abrasive on the skin too. I wasn't a fan of the way it felt. Too rough...so I didn't rub it directly rub it on my skin, which kind of defeated the purpose. 

The lather was decent, just drying. It may because it's winter time but this does claim to be moisturizing and it definitely wasn't. It left me with large dry patches. Not cute. 

The soap itself is a cute little 3.75 ounce bar. It didn't last amazingly long, but it also didn't melt away super quickly. It's a black soap. Not your everyday soap color, but I like black soaps. I didn't have problems with the color staining anything..so that's good.It's supposed to be made with charcoal (gives it the color). 

It's cruelty-free. Made in the USA. Great ingredients. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Coffee Arabica (Coffee) Bean, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Seaweed), Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Powder, Aleurites Moluccanus (Kukui) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Charcoal Powder.


Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed. I don't think it will make a difference in cellulite, although that's not what I bought it for. I think it will do as much as any other scrub. But still...I wouldn't repurchase or recommend it to anyone. I have a whole list of other soaps I would repurchase or recommend other than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment