So yesterday I picked out some of the worst things I've tried. And today I will be picking out the best. This is stuff I would buy again (if I didn't constantly need to try new things!), things I would recommend to friends and family...just the best of the best I tried this year.
So let's get started.
1. MAC 242- I wasn't sure I would love this brush because other brushes I've had previously that were shaped similarly to this...I didn't like. I'm not sure what it is about this brush, but I love it. I can't decided if I like this or the 239 better. I think this works better with pigments and shimmer shades, just all around a must have for me.
2. Rosehip Oil- The brand I had was Aura Cacia but I'm sure any brand would work. This was great for fading scars (slowly!) and keeping my face hydrated. It's also great for anti-aging. Just an all around good oil. My honorable mention would be Walnut oil which makes my skin super soft but if I had to pick between them, Rosehip would win. Although mixing them would probably provide the best of both worlds.
3 MAC Cyber- Deep purple lipstick! Love it! Looks different on different people. Definitely a beautiful purple. Could wear a little longer though!
4. MAC 222- I love love my MAC 217, and I wanted to get another, but then I figured I would get something kind of similar but different. Like the 222. And I love it. It's my perfect crease brush although the 217 is more versatile. Love this brush!
5. Revlon Kiss Me Coral- I love this color! It's my perfect orangey-red coral. It's just does something for my complexion. Could last a little longer but for the price? I won't complain too much. It's my only Revlon lipstick and I don't know why I don't have more.
6. Too Faced Better Than Sex- Makes your lashes thick, long, and just nice! Although a tad clumpy. I loved it though, great mascara!
7. Deep Steep Peppermint Vanilla- Deep Steep has excellent scrubs. It's only a matter of finding your favorite scents. And I love this Peppermint Holiday one. Also love the snowflake one (smells like Lemon Sugar Cookie!) and the candy apple ones!
8. NARS Exhibit A Blush- This might be my favorite blush ever! If you are thinking of trying a red blush, try it! I think it would work for everyone. Just remember, a tiny bit it all you need! Honorable Mentions: Gina and Gilda
9. Auromere Sandal-Turmeric- Great for the face and I love the scent. So far, my favorite Ayurvedic soap, although I am anxious to try more.
10. Urban Decay Smog/Buck/Half-Baked- Some of my favorite eyeshadows out of the Naked palette. Not all pictured, but I thought I would mention them!
11. Zum Bar Clove Mint Soap- I love trying different scent combinations from this company. Most of them were meh...but there is something special about this mint/clove combination. Who would have thought these would work so well? Love it!
12. Jojoba Oil- I have oily skin, and usually moisturizing in the summer leaves me an oil slick. I still get oily...just not as oily when I use Jojoba oil. Love it!
13. JR Liggets Shampoo Bar- I thought this was going to be drying and it's not at all! It's actually very moisturizing and leaves my hair feeling nice, even without conditioner. It is unscented, and I wish it had a scent. But even without a scent, I loved this shampoo bar! Good stuff.
14. South of France Orange Honey Blossom Soap- Citrus heaven! Loved this soap! I really need to try them all, but of the two I've tried, this is my fave!
15. Badge Vanilla Madagascar Lip Balm- Love this stuff! I lost mine and next time I go to the store I'm getting another! Can't believe I lost it. It makes your lips so hydrated. And it smells so nice, like beeswax an vanilla. MMMmmm.
16. Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner- I've tried only a couple liners and without a doubt this is one of my faves. It's easy to get a thin or thick line and it comes out super black. Still not a fan of this company, but I can't deny this is a great liner!
Grant Total: 16.
Not bad! Actually a lot of faves, and more I love than things I've found and hated.
Overall, a good year. Let's see what 2017 has in store for us!