Thursday, January 5, 2017

Salmon with Sriracha Sauce and Lime

I hadn't had salmon in forever since I made this recipe. I love Salmon. And it's pretty hard to mess up.  Gwyneth Paltrow recipes have been in the mix of things from my list (I've been making things from a magazine I had) and I really haven't had much luck with her recipes. Real talk, most of them suck. And it's not because they are "healthy". I've had great healthy recipes...hers are just bland or the flavors are really weird.

But it's hard to mess up salmon. And like I thought, this recipe was good. Simple and nice flavor. 

I decided that day to have a taste test too. Wild salmon vs Farm Salmon. From what I've read farm raised salmon sucks for the environment and is nowhere hear as healthy as the wild caught stuff. I really wanted to compare taste too. I like the fattiness of the farm stuff, but the wild stuff definitely has more flavor. It was kind of fun to try the two different ones. 

I should do that more often. 

Raw Salmon-look how much darker the wild stuff is. I hear they color farm raised because it's naturally a grayish color. Ick.

All cooked and yum!



Anyway, this recipe was a good one. I think I skipped the cilantro. Blech, I hate cilantro and I didn't think it would make much of a difference either way. 

Overall, I really liked it. Not enough to save the recipe, but it was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment