Thursday, January 5, 2017

Samples Review: Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream, Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara, Omorovicza Cleansing Foam

I haven't been blogging much because I've been painting my couch. Yes, you read that write. A few strokes into it, I  could have kicked myself. What possessed me to think me (with no painting skills) could paint my couch. I'm four coats in and waiting for it to dry so I can coat it with wax. And...I think I love it. I don't love the work or painting but I'm thinking the end product just might be worth it. In the meantime, while I'm waiting for it to dry, I figured I would do a couple blog posts.

Just samples...but you know, I like to review those too. 


Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream- I know next to nothing about Kate Somerville. And today is not the day I do a google search to find out who she is. Sorry. Anyway, I'm intrigued by anything with Goat Milk...usually soaps. This would be my first time using a cream with it (I think!). It doesn't have much of a scent. It's light, it absorbs easily. It's not greasy. I like it. The day I used it I had a compliment on my skin, maybe it was this? I don't know. But that made me kind of like it. It's not bad. But it's not good enough for me to even think about spending $50-65 for it. For free? Yeah, its nice.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
I heard Bobbi Brown is the newest brand that is using beauty influencers (youtubers/instagramers) to market it's product. Which is kind of disappointing. But at the same time, the two Bobbi Brown products I've tried, I wasn't super impressed with them, so... oh well. This mascara didn't outperform anything I've gotten in the drugstore. It takes awhile to build up, dries out super quick, and whatever oomph you get (very little) is gone like two hours later. Retail price is $30. Way overpriced. Get L'oreal Voluminous instead. 

Omorovicza Cleansing Foam
My first beauty product from Hungary. Of course, I was excited to try because I love stuff from new countries. This is a light blue cleanser with a fresh scent (but an underlying moth ball scent-not super noticeable but I thought I would mention it anyway!). The mothball scent doesn't stick around and I like the scent it leaves on my face. Not a ton of lather. And pretty moisturizing. Kind of reminds me of something Bliss would make. I thought it was nice. Not $80 for 5 oz nice. Not super wowed with the ingredients either. Maybe $12 nice. Maybe. Obviously not something I would buy but I had fun trying it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment