Sunday, January 29, 2017

Biggs and Featherbelle Grizzly Bar Soap Review



The last soap bar I had seemed to last forever. Not that I'm complaining, it was nice not having to buy another soap bar two weeks later (ok, sometimes 2.5 weeks later). So more than 2.5 weeks later, I picked up the Grizzly Bar soap from Biggs and Featherbelle. They do fun plays on the word bar- grizzly bar, grizzly bear, although I wouldn't necessary match the scent of this soap with grizzly bears.

Biggs and Featherbelle claims:
give your skin a warm & Fuzzy bear hug

Olive Oil:
moisturizes & easily absorbs, does not clog pores
Wheatgerm Oil:
rich in Vitamin E
Patchouli essential Oil:
soothes skin
Spruce & Fir essential oils:
refreshing, antiseptic & antifungal


The first Biggs and Featherbelle soap I tried was pretty disappointing because I could barely smell them. The last couple of ones I've had have been more strongly scented, which I'm loving. The scent of this one is Patchouli, Spruce and Fir. I know what patchouli smells like-and I love it. Patchouli is a scent you either love or hate. And whatever Spruce and Fir smell like I'm loving this combination. It's not super strong-just strong enough that I can smell it, but not overpowering at all. I was surprised to like it so much the first time I lathered it up. 

Speaking of lather, it's plentiful, gets you super fresh and clean, and is not drying at all. Maybe even a bit moisturizing? I can skip lotion with no issues whatsoever. 

I only wish the scent would linger more.

I bought mine from my local Wegmans, out of the bulk section for $3 and some change. Much cheaper than the price they have listed on their website. I've also noticed other sites having these soaps priced cheaper so if you wanted to try them out and didn't have them locally, shop around.

The bar itself, is your regular handmade looking bar with swirls of red and every now and again you come across little bits, which I assume is the green tea. 

Ingredients are GREAT! All natural and also scented with natural essential oils. Just what I like to see. I'm really happy about the clay in it, which is also pretty purifying too.

Ingredients:
Distilled Water, Saponified Oils (Olive, Cocount, Palm & Wheat Germ), Vitamin E, Moroccan Red Clay, Cocoa Powder, Green Tea Leaves & Essential Oil Blend (Patchouli, Spruce & Fir Needle)


If you are a fan of patchouli scented things, I would highly recommend it. If not, you may want to steer clear. Even so, it's still worth a sniff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment