Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Samples Review: MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage, Hum Green Superfood Powder, Replica Maison Marginal Perfume

It's that time again. Time to pull out the samples and get reviewing. I don't get as many samples anymore, since I haven't really been ordering a lot of cosmetics...I'm really focusing on using what I already have...go me!


MAC Prep+ Prime Skin Base Visage 
I really need to branch out and sample more MAC products. I mostly have MAC lipsticks and eyeshadows and haven't tried much else by them, so I was kind of excited to try this out. I don't have any primers at the moment since I've used them all up and wanted to use all the samples I have before I purchase another. This is a light lotion like texture, doesn't make my skin oily, and maybe makes my makeup last a tad longer. I don't get "radiance" from it and I don't think it makes my foundation go on any smoother. I don't think it's worth $31 an ounce but it was cool to try free. 

HUM Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder: Mint Chocolate Chip Infusion 
I was shocked that Sephora sells a superfood powder. It makes sense, but I think it's more of a food product. I'm a firm believer the way you age and the way your skin looks has a lot to do with what you eat and making sure you are properly hydrated with water/tea etc. When I drink green smoothies or even just apple cider mixed into water, I notice a difference in my skin. That being said, I'm not a big supplement fan. I would rather just try to eat lot of fruits/veggies (I struggle with veggies) and get my nutrients that way. I don't buy super food powders- but I thought it would be fun to try it out. It's...not that good. Since it's mint chocolate chip I didn't want to mix it into a smoothie and ruin all my fruit, and water sounded boring, so I added it to milk. It was clumpy and didn't want to mix. It really didn't look very appealing. It tasted like mint chocolate- but it also had a strange taste to it. I would prefer plain milk. Not for me. I'll stick to plain smoothies with kale, sometimes chia or flax. Save your $39 and buy real food.

Replica Maison Margiela Perfume
The first thing I can tell you about this perfume is it cost $180. The next thing, I can tell you is it smells really good. I don't know about $180 good. But I do like it. I wish it came in a 1 ounce bottle that way I could maybe/possibly afford it. It smells really floral/fresh/citrusy and really clung to me ALL DAY. I can smell lemons and citrus. It just smells really really great. I kind of want it. I did buy a new perfume though....and will hopefully have a review of that going up soon. I can already tell you I like the Replica fragrance more.

No comments:

Post a Comment