Thursday, April 20, 2017

Biggs and Featherbelle Bark Bar Soap Review


Another soap by Biggs and Featherbelle. I really want to try all of the soaps they have in the Bulk section of my local grocery store. They are definitely cheaper than buying the tiny soaps with the packaging-although the packing is cute. 

Biggs and Featherbelle claims:

Green Tea:
astringent, anti-oxidant
Olive Oil:
moisturizes & easily absorbs, does not clog pores
Shea Butter:
moisturizes
Cedarwood essential oil:
astringent & antiseptic properties
Vetiver essential oil:
reduces inflammation

The names are always a play on different types of bars. Goodie Bar, Polar Bar etc. I think this one is a reference to the bark made for the holidays. Like peppermint bark and whatever other barks there are. It's not a name that tells you what it smells like. On the website it says Vetiver, Cedarwood, and Cypress. I know Cypress and Cedarwood, and they smell good enough. I have no idea about Vetiver. 


All I know is I really really really don't like the scent. I'm thinking it's the Vetiver. It has that earthy cedar/cypress to it. And I like that. But then there is something else. And it smells horrible. It reminds me of when I was little and had terrible earaches so I had to get eardrops. And there is nothing pleasant about wet, cold, ear drops going into your ears. The scent reminds me of that. Maybe it smelled similar to the medicine? Not sure. All I know is that as soon as I smell this I think of that. And it's not a goo
d thing.

It's under the exfoliating section, because it contains green tea, which is a nice and gentle exfoliate. Although I didn't use it much in that way because I think I prefer a sugar scrub-or salt- to the gentleness that the salt provides. I like something that really gets my skin nice and smooth.

Lather is great. It gets me clean. And luckily the scent does not stick around. I wouldn't call it moisturizing. In fact, it's just a tad bit drying. 

Also the look of it is kind of blah. 

The best thing about it is the ingredients. All natural, good for your skin ingredients, exactly like I like.

Ingredients:
Distilled Water, Saponified Oils (Olive, Cocount, Palm & Shea Butter) Green Tea Leaves, Vitamin E & Essential Oil Blend (Cypress, Cedarwood & Vetiver)


This has to be my least favorite of the bunch. I would recommend almost any other soap over this. But maybe some people like this scent? Is that possible? 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment