Monday, April 3, 2017

Carrot Tofu Ginger Soup

More soup. I'm always making soup. This time I had pull out the Vitamix and put it to use. I tend to make soups when most fruits are out of season, because I prefer fresh fruit vs frozen in my smoothies. So I picked the first soup I cam across.




I don't think I've ever had carrot soup. Or made anything with tofu. So this recipe had a couple of firsts in it for me. 

This is a super healthy recipe. It's basically health in a soup. Liquid Health.

There are only carrots, ginger, tofu, veggie broth, garlic, salt, garlic,white pepper, and olive oil. 

Basically you chop the veggies, then add the rest of the ingredients and let it go until you get steam.

I made the soup two ways. I chopped the veggies, then simmered them on the stove before blending to see if it made any difference to the soup. And I made it according to the recipe.

Tasted the same both ways.

Not bad, but the ginger had way too much bite for me. And it needed something more. So I added sour cream. Then it got a lot better. But if you leave the sour cream out, this is a vegan recipe. 

It's not a bad recipe.

It's just not rave worthy. Don't think I would make this again, unless I had an abundance of carrots and just couldn't figure anything else to do with them.


Err, I thought I got a better picture of the soup, but apparently not. My bad! Blender pic is the best I can do.

Almost forgot to link the recipe. Check it out here. Recipe is from Vitamix.

I heard Whole Foods has an amazing carrot tofu ginger soup, but I don't go there very often because I'm allergic to their high prices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment