Sunday, April 2, 2017

Etat Libre D'orange Remarkable People Parfum Review



I buy most of my perfumes blind. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I try to read the notes, and if they sound like something I'm interested in, then I get it. This was one of those completely blind purchases. I needed a new perfume. I had just finished baking some afghan sweet bread with cardamom, I was shopping for perfumes, saw this had cardamom in it, and bought it. I love eating things with cardamom- she I figured I would love smelling like it too.  I was also intrigued because this wasn't a name brand I was familiar with and I wanted something a little less common....

Etat Libre D'Orange claims:
Inspired by and created for heroes large and small, Remarkable People is a salute to those who defy convention and challenge the status quo to change the world around them. Bright citrus top notes forge ahead leading a warm heart of spicy florals laid over a grounding base of soft woods. 

Notes: 
Grapefruit, Champagne Accord, Cardamom, Jasmine, Curry Je, Black Pepper, Labdanum, Sandalwood, Lorenox. 
Style: 
Optimistic. Adventurous. Original.

This is a unisex scent. Never ,have I ever, had a unisex perfume. But I remember years and years ago reading about women that would wear mens scents and some really liked it. Like, it was a thing. Not sure I would go for something full on masculine. It might be just a bit much for me.  But this has some feminine notes like grapefruit and champagne that I figured would round it out.

When I first spray it, I get a lot of spicy cardamom, which makes me think this is a men's scent. But as I wear it, it get's warmer, and on my skin gets kind of candy-ish with a hint of the spicy cardamom. It's certainly an interesting scent. And pretty unique, as far as I know. 

That being said, I don't love it. I don't hate it either. Sometimes I really like it. Other times, it leaves me straight up confused.

I just don't know.

It's pretty strong. And it lasts about 4-6 hours on me.

As for packaging, it's pretty boring. Just your regular clear, square bottle, with the sticker placed on it at an angle to make it seem a little fancier than it is. I like to keep perfume bottles after I finish them and this is certainly one of the more unremarkable bottles I will be adding to my collection. The larger bottle has a more interesting look. But I think the bottle should be the same whether you get the larger or smaller bottle.

I bought the 1 oz for $52. Not cheap for sure. And I've only had it for a little while and it seems to be disappearing quick. I'm already 1/4 done with the bottle. 


Certainly an interesting scent. Not something I will buy again. But interesting to try for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment