Sunday, April 2, 2017

Pesto Chicken

I've got two home-run recipes in a row. That never happens. This is a quick chicken recipe, perfect for busy nights. Probably simple enough even for me. I'm terrible at cooking anything more than just baked chicken or sautéed veggies on weeknights. I do most of my cooking on Sundays.

Originally I was going to make the pesto, but as I gathered the ingredients (including overpriced basil, pine nuts, parm cheese), I realized it would be much cheaper to buy a premade one. I found one for about $5 and some change that was pretty good. Last time the pesto I bought was disgusting. This one was great. Makes all the difference. One of these days I do plan on making some pesto though. I have a mortar and pestle that's just dying to be used to make marinades etc.

All I did was "grill" the chicken until done. I don't have a grill or grill pan so I just cooked it in my handy dandy cast iron pan. Threw them pesto, tomatoes(tomatoes from my grandpa's garden!), and then some smoke mozzarella and broiled it, and done.


Super easy, super flavorful chicken.

I got the recipe from Budget Bytes.

And I'm saving it, because it's a fave, and I will be making it again.

And you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment