Monday, May 22, 2017

Italian Eggplant Bake

In the kitchen for another recipe. This time a healthy recipe. Actually, the last one was pretty healthy too.  But this one was actually good. Eggplant is a new veggie for me. I've never made anything with eggplant, and I don't eat it often at all. In fact, I rarely eat it. Which is a shame because I'm always drawn to it in the store because of the pretty purple color. Is there any vegetable prettier? 

Anyway, this was pretty easy. Just chopped up the veggies: eggplant, tomatoes, and garlic. Then toss them in some olive oil with some salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Baked it for about an hour and it done! 

Extra Roasted- Didn't look pretty but was good anyway!

The original recipe had it as a side dish. I decided to make it main dish, and made a spaghetti with it. Instead of meat I just used the baked eggplant. Layer it on some pasta with tomato sauce and dinner was served.

It was basically a vegan spaghetti.

I would make it again. Especially if I found myself with a surplus of eggplant, or just want to get more of it's purple-y goodness into my body. 

Click here for the recipe. I got it from Budget Bytes.



No comments:

Post a Comment