Sunday, May 21, 2017

NARS Lovejoy Blush Review



Ah, blush. Some of my  most favorite  makeup. Along with eyeshadow. And I do love lipstick. Oh, and mascara too. But blush is definitely some of my favorite makeup. Just because it can do so much for the complexion. I bought this when I was in my "buy ALL the NARS blushes phase". I was buying them, but not using them. Just collecting them, because they were all too pricey to just use up.  Of course, I didn't actually buy them all, but I do have a decent collection. And these days I'm into actually using them. 

NARS claims:
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.

  • Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades
  • Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application
  • Iconic NARS shades


Lovejoy was not a blush I wanted at first. I would always pass it over for brighter, more fun looking blushes. Lovejoy just looked boring. But then I was watching people's top favorites NARS blushes on youtube, and there was this girl raving about Lovejoy. So I decided to give it another look, and ended up buying it. Then it sat for months and months, unused and unloved. Without even looking at the color I decided it was too plummy and boring, and I decided I didn't like it. Silly behavior, I know.


But then I was playing around with lip colors and mixed up a grey. I felt it needed a blush- but wasn't sure what would go with grey. Probably something neutral because the statement was the lip color and I didn't need my cheeks to compete. So I went through all my blushes and decided to try out Lovejoy. And it was perfect. And from then on, it's been one of my favorite, goes with everything blushes. 


It's a rosy-brown blush. Or as  NARS describers it "a shimmer bronze rose." Not a lot of brown, but just a hint. With a golden shimmer that kind of adds a little bit of a glow. It is subtle though. And I don't find it to emphasize texture. It is decently pigmented. Just a little will do it. It's also pretty easy to blend.

The only complaint I have is this blush constantly gets "hard pan". So far, it still works and I haven't had too much problem picking it up on my brushes. But it still kind of bothers me, especially taking into consideration these blushes do cost about $30 a piece. 

The packaging is the same packing NARS has had for years. It's sleek and feels velvety. And usually very sturdy. A piece snapped off the back of mine. It still snaps shut and works pretty well, I just have to be careful to make sure the other side doesn't come off.

Almost forgot to add, it lasts 8+hours. And my skin wears down some blush. But this stuff last pretty well!

NARS blushes are made in Canada. They cost $30 for .16 ounces. In comparison MAC blushes will run $22 for .21 ounces and Urban Decay are $26 for .23 ounces. They are quite a bit more money than most blushes, so that is something to take into consideration.

 I put it on heavier but my phone really wasn't trying to pick it up. Trust me, it's the nicest little hint of rosiness on my cheeks.

Overall, it's one of my favorite blushes. And it probably is one I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I just hope the next one doesn't have the same hard pan issues as this one!

What's your favorite goes with anything blush? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment