Monday, May 22, 2017

30 Beauty Questions Tag



Tag time!
via GIPHY

It's been awhile since I've done one of these...so let's get right into it- there are 30 questions after all!

Do you remember your first makeup item?
I think it was a berry Jane lipstick....or a Jane lilac eyeshadow. That is exactly how the lipstick looked in the picture. That's where all my allowance would go. Makeup or nail junk! I was in the 6th grade or so if I remember correctly.

Describe Your Perfect Mascara
Thick, long, super black lashes is what I want. So if it gives me that I love it! I also prefer natural bristle wands. Not the plastic ones. L'oreal Voluminous is one of my faves. I really need to pick up another tube.

What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Light to Medium. I like a really natural finish, but I want it to cover up some of the dark spots I have too. I don't like heavy makeup at all!

Favorite high end brand?
Nars, MAC, Makeup Forever. Brands that include darker skin tones in their foundation shades.

What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?  
Black Opal and Imani. And Inglot. Oh and Ben Nye. I have a whole post on it here.

Favorite Drugstore Brand?
Black Radiace, L'oreal, Revlon, 

Do you wear false eyelashes?
No. I think a lot of the time they look over done. And I don't really have the time to put them on.

Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without? 
No. I do prefer to wear a little concealer and mascara at the minimum, But going makeup free is nice too.

What is your most cherished makeup item?
I have two. A super old Fashion Fair lipstick in the old school pink packaging that introduced me to RED. It's reggae red. And also my VICE 2 palette. I got it from my sister and was literally shocked. She put me on to high end shadows-and I got to play around with more color!

How often do you shop for makeup?
Not often. I'm on a no buy. I'm appreciating what I have. I will pick up things I run out of like foundation, eyeliner, primer. But I have enough blush and eyeshadows to last a lifetime. I've only bought like 2 or 3 things, if that this year so far.

Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?
I was always mindful of what I was buying. Lately, I've really reeled it in.  It just depends on how bad I want it. 

Do you use coupons, rewards cards, and sales when you shop for beauty?
Always. I love saving a dollar . It's a little thrill for me.

What product do you buy the most of?
Eyeshadow. I have over 250. And still want more.

Is there a brand you absolutely can't stand?
I hate brands that don't diversify to include women of color. I still slip and buy a thing here or there, but I really hate that. It's 2017. Also...I have a post for that too, here

Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics?
Not in my makeup, but in a lot of my skincare and body care I do. I prefer all natural. But I don't pay much attention to the ingredients in makeup.

Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Online. There are a lot of rude sales people I've come across, so I prefer to shop online.

Do you like trying new skincare products or do you stick to the same routine?
I change it up. I try a new product out and use it until it's gone and then move onto something new. I love trying out new stuff!

Favorite Bath and Body Brand?
I don't have a favorite, but I like some Zum Bar, Biggs and Featherbelle, and Deep Steep stuff.

If you could only buy from one brand, which would you choose?
MakeUp Forever. They have a lot of interesting stuff I would have a lot of fun and don't think I would get bored with their range. 

What brand do you think has the best packaging?
NARS for sleekness and Too Faced for cuteness. 

Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Tha's a hard one. I like Rihanna's makeup most of the time. She's not afraid to mix it up.


Do you belong to any online makeup groups?
Glossible and In My Kit on Facebook. Makeup reddit. And Makeupalley. I don't participate often but I love reading.

5 Favorite Beauty Guru's
Lisa Eldridge, Lisa Eldridge. Lisa Eldridge. Really I like anyone who actually knows what they are talking about and has worked on a multitude of face shapes and skin tones and uses models.

Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
Absolutely. What's not to like?

Are you clumsy putting on makeup?
Nah.

Do you use makeup base/primers?
They are a must. At least eyelid primers. Otherwise my shadow melts off.

How many hair products do you use in a typical day?
One? And on wash day 2 or 3.

What do you apply first foundation or concealer?
Er, depends. If powder foundation, concealer first. If liquid, then the liquid first. 

Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Maybe. Depends on who would be teaching.

What do you love about makeup?
Everything. I love that I can use it to express myself. And correct certain things so I can feel more confident. I love the history of it. I love my face paints. I've been fascinated with makeup since a very young age. And I guess I still am.

Am I done? It sure didn't seem like a lot of questions when I first started. But I got through it. 

All done-until the next one!




No comments:

Post a Comment