Thursday, May 25, 2017

J.R .Ligget's Old Fashioned Bar Shampoo Original Formula Review


I kind of don't like buying the same brands back to back. But I needed shampoo, the little experimenting I was doing with castille soap as shampoo was not working out for me. So I went to the store and stared and stared, and just couldn't decide what to get. So I went with a brand I had already tried and really liked- because the castle soap was really messing my 'fro up and I needed something I knew could fix it.

J.R Liggets claims:
The formula for this incredible and unique bar of shampoo was discovered loosely placed in an old New England Cookbook many years ago by J.R.LIGGETT. This is the cornerstone of our fine line of bar shampoos that over the years has proven itself over and over to a countless number of loyal users.
This is attested to by the number of years it has been on the market. Its 100% vegetable oil formulation lathers quickly, cleans well, and rinses out easily, leaving you with healthy, beautiful, and clean hair. It will not strip the natural oils from your hair (there are no detergents). For this reason, most people do not need a conditioner!
It just smells clean.
 J.R.LIGGETT'S Original Formula is made from... 
Olive Oil The remarkable benefits of olive oil have been known for thousands of years. It is a natural conditioner that makes hair shiny and soft, and is loaded with antioxidants to keep your scalp healthy. Olive oil fights hair loss by helping control dandruff, fungi, and bacteria. It prevents hair follicle shafts from narrowing by preventing DTH hormone production, letting you hold onto your hair longer. It can also improve blood circulation to the scalp and stimulate hair follicles, giving you thicker, healthier strands.
Coconut Oil  The main component behind our luxurious lather, coconut oil works wonders on the hair and scalp. The fats present in coconut oil retain the moisture content of the skin, and help eliminate further losses. The antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties found within protect from microbial infections than can enter through the pores. Coconut oil also contains Vitamin E, and is fantastic with skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Castor Oil Native to Africa and India, this oil is well known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It accelerates blood flow to the scalp, thus increasing hair growth. It is very nourishing on the scalp and helps strengthen the roots with essential nutrients.
Sunflower Oil Sunflower oil is packed with essential vitamins, nutrients and minerals that have been shown to stimulate natural hair growth and prevent early hair loss. It also has wonderful moisturizing and conditioning properties and aids in protecting your hair from damaging ultraviolet light.
Palm Kernel Oil Rich in vitamins A and K, this oil is excellent at keeping the skin moist and wrinkle free. It reduces skin inflammation and helps in curing and preventing several skin disorders such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. In our shampoos, it assists the coconut oil in producing a rich lather.
I had previously tried the moisturizing bar. Which was great, it cleaned my hair, made a lot of great lather- but it was scentless. Some people like unscented shampoo- I prefer to smell something as I'm washing my hair- it's almost like an aromatherapy session, it just makes the whole process that much more enjoyable. So when I bought this I wasn't expecting it to have a scent- but it does! And I love it! And wish it was stronger and lingered in my hair- and maybe came with a matching hair oil! It really is very light though, so I wouldn't buy it expecting something to scent up the whole shower.

It smells floral. And when I look at the ingredients it says Rose oil. But it smells much better than just rose oil.. Or maybe rose oil really does smell that good.


Anyway, when I bought this I wasn't expecting it to be as moisturizing as the moisturizing formula. I even thought it might be drying. I was wrong.If there is any difference I don't notice it. It leaves my hair feeling clean and moisturized. 

It does take a little getting used to if you aren't used to using bar shampoo. Make sure you set it some place to dry properly or you will have a melty bar!

I really like bar shampoos. They use less packaging, this just comes in a paper that's easily recyclable-you can prolly even compost it!

It's made in the US. It's all natural. It's also pretty affordable at around five bucks for 3.5 ounces. 

Ingredients:
Saponified Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Sunflower Oil, RSPO Palm Kernel Oil
- Fragrance - Rose Essential Oil

I'm loving it. Even more so than the moisturizing formula because I really like the scent- even though it's light and doesn't linger! I can't say that I notice a difference between them, except scent.

I would reccomend it. And I will probably end up buying another one. The Jojoba and Peppermint and the Herbal variety look especially interesting to me.

Have you tried a shampoo bar? Did you like it? Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment