Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Vitamix Fruit Combo Smoothie

Another smoothie recipe using my much loved Vitamix. The last recipe was a complete fail for me...this one wasn't as bad as the Fruit Salad smoothie, although they were definitely similar. But it still wasn't great.

It was a little too fiber rich for me. I could taste the pulp. And it also wasn't sweet enough. I think maybe the recipe uses way less pineapple that what should be used- I weighed it out in grahams to be exact.

This particular recipe had a half cup pineapple, 1/2 an orange, 1/2 ripe pear, 1/2 apple, and ice. Simple enough. Not a lot of fruit, doesn't turn out a lot of smoothie either.

None of the fruit had a very prominent flavor. They just combined and made a "fruit" taste.

It was forgettable. But I guess at least I didn't hate it.


If you want to check it out, the Vitamix website has it posted here. They seem to post almost all their smoothie recipes on the website so you can never really run out of options to try out

Hopefully I have more luck with the next smoothie recipe in the book, which is the Mixed Berry and Green Tea smoothie. 

Sounds good- but we will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment