Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Parfum Review


Lately, I've really been getting into perfumes. I just want to haul a bunch of perfumes. Maybe have a variety. Which is something I really never do. I pretty much go through perfume one at a time. That one perfume basically becomes my "signature scent" for the next couple months or however long the bottle lasts. Which is also why I generally prefer smaller bottles. This perfume I was looking at buying, mostly because it had the word "black" in it. And the bottle was black. I've just been really drawn to "black" in perfumes lately. I think it's because one of my faves from Bath and Body works had the word Black Amethyst. So if it's black, it's for me.

I don't even know if I intended to get this. I put it in the shopping cart and my Dad ordered it. Thanks Dad! :)

Yves Saint Laurent claims:


Black Opium is the highly addictive feminine fragrance from Yves Saint Laurent. Fascinating and seductively intoxicating, the opening notes of adrenaline-rich coffee and the sweet sensuality of vanilla recline into the softness of white flowers for a modern, young, and vibrant interpretation of addiction. Get your dose. 

Notes: 

Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense. 
Style: 
Addictive. Floral. Energetic. 

This product is an Allure Best of Beauty award winner.



So first off, the bottle. I LOVE the bottle, and I am keeping it forever. It's black with slightly blue glitter over it. And the window is pink. It's unique as far as bottles go, and I love that's it's black. The last perfume I had, had the most boring packaging so I was excited to get this one with such a cute bottle.

I guess it's supposed to be a twist on the original opium, which I've never smelled. But I'm definitely curious about it now.

It smells pretty great. When I first got it, I was head over heels for it. Now that I'm wearing it everyday it still smells great, it just isn't the type of fragrance I find I love more and more with every spritz. It mostly smells like a combination of Viktor and Rolfe Flowerbomb and Katy Perry Killer Queen. But it actually seems to change every now and again and there will be something powdery and really nice or really sweet smelling to it. I don't remember any perfume changing like that on me until this one.

As always I am terrible at describing the notes. All I can really say is I really do like it. And I know the coffee note seems to be what gets people talking. I honestly don't pick up on it. At all. Maybe it just gets lost on me. But every fragrance is different depending on your particular body chemistry..so maybe that's it.

It is described as a floral. Which I wouldn't exactly call it that. Its more of a nighttime, date night, cool weather type of fragrance. But I also think it's one you can wear year round too. I'm not one to match scents with seasons though. If I like it, I like it. If I don't, then I don't.

One of my favorite things about it, is how long it lasts. I don't think I've come across a perfume with such staying power in awhile. I sprayed this at 8 am and I can still smell it on my wrist at 9 pm. And sometimes I can really pick it up when my skin really warms up. Definitely an 8 hour plus perfume on me which I'm loving.

I really really like it. Maybe love it?

It's one I would recommend giving a sniff.

And it has me curious about other YSL perfumes? Do they all last this long?




No comments:

Post a Comment