Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Alaffia Triple Milled Shea Butter Soap- Pineapple Coconut


I'm back. So of course time to write a post! I got back Monday night, but just been too tired/lazy to blog. I went to Vegas..and I think I love it there. And I will definitely be going again. I loved the strip, if you like shopping it's the place to be. The hotels are gorgeous. I got my summer color on walking around in the hot sun...yay! And I finally got to go to Tiffany's. I love the movie Breakfast At Tiffanys- and one day I will have a ring from Tiffany's and the pretty blue box too! . I know exactly the one I want but don't really want to spend that much on a ring.

Anyway, this is a soap review!

Alaffia claims:
This long-lasting triple milled Certified Fair Trade shea butter soap will leave skin feeling soft & sumptuous.

I tried the sandalwood soap from this company previously. It was OK. I've been wanting to try more for awhile but they don't go on sale very often. So when I saw them on sale again I snatched up the Pineapple Coconut. It's been awhile since I've had a fruity soap.

It's a creamy yellow, triple milled bar- so it will last a little longer than the handmade soap bars I seem to keep buying. It smells great! I didn't think I would like it. I wouldn't necessarily say it smells like Pineapple or Coconut. Or especially fruity. It just smells gentle and nice. Almost a scent I think would be great for a baby. 

The scent doesn't last very long though, and it is gentle. But I don't mind it- I don't think it would be as nice if it were super strong.

It makes lots of thick rich later. It's cleansing, but not stripping. I wish I had brought it with me to Vegas because my skin took a beating there. My poor skin was so dried out. But I just used hotel soaps...because I didn't want to pack a damp bar. 

I paid like $4 for it. And I don't mind that price. Alaffia is a great company. The brand is fair trade, and they do a lot of great things for the communities the employ. 

Also the bar is all natural...and made in the USA. And comes in super cute, recyclable packaging.

Ingredients:
 Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Natural Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. *Certified Fair for Life - Social & Fair Trade by IMO.

I really liked it. I could see myself buying it again if I didn't always feel like I needed to try something new! And it is something I would recommend. I like this one a lot more than the sandalwood one. 

Now I just need to get my hands on the raspberry one!

No comments:

Post a Comment