Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dewy Tree Honey Protecting Sheet Mask Review



Review time- this time I have some skincare masks that one of my bestest friends ever got me. Thanks Tia! 

I've been hearing about Korean skincare pretty steadily for awhile. There is a whole reddit devoted to Korean/Asian skincare. And from what I hear it can go all the way up to 12-13 steps in one session. That's way too much for me, but I do like to do a mask at least weekly.

I had to do a little research to find out more about them first. I've never used a sheet mask before, I mostly use clay masks. It's supposed to be a pretty intense way to use serums. The mask seals the ingredients onto your face so you are supposed to really get a boost from them. And everywhere I hear people saying Korean skincare is miles ahead of what we have in America. I'm no skincare expert...so I'll just review based on results I get.

Dewy Tree claims:
Self-defense effect mask that makes skin calm and intensify the skin barrier with Honey, which is one of the natural moisturizing factors (MMF), that penetrates to the skin directly. 

You are supposed to use a toner before hand. I usually use the clarisonic to get my face super clean- it wasn't charged last night so I skipped it. I just double-cleansed and went right in with the mask. It was definitely different than any mask I have ever used. It was quite an experience unfolding it and putting it on. Kinda fun!

I almost forgot to pull the nose flap down but I got it after awhile. 

It was really moist. They aren't skimpy with the serum at all! And it had a "skincare" scent. No perfume scent at all. Which I didn't mind. It seems more serious that way. 

I left it on...and got in the bathtub- because that's the ultimate relaxation. Then after about 25 minutes I pulled it off-rubbed the serum in. I think the best time to use them is before you go to sleep to give the serum a lot of time to sink it.

It was very hydrating. So I think this would be a good moisture boost if your skin is dryer. My skin is more oily-especially in the summer. It didn't make my skin oily though, and my skin was super hydrated through the day.

I noticed the next morning my makeup seemed to go on a little smoother-which was pretty nice. And it maybe lasted longer? At least I think it did.

Ingredients: 
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betaine, Trehalose, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adansonia Digtata See Extra (50 mg) (Baobab Seed Oil), Apple Fruit Extract, Ubiquinone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates/ C 10-20 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Trisodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methyparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. 

It has some pretty cool ingredients- Baobab Seed Oil, the much lauded Sodium Hyaluronate, Apple Extract, and Castor Oil, One of my favorite oils ever. The only thing I thought was kind of strange was it doesn't contain any actual honey. I guess that's what the glycerin is for? Glycerin is a humectant like honey. IDK.

It was fun to try. I can't wait to try the one with snail extract- ewww- but I'm curious! 

Stay tuned for the next review...coming up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment