Saturday, July 29, 2017

Babassu Oil as Facial Moisturizer Review


Babassu Oil is definitely a fun name for an oil. It's not a very common ingredient that I've seen, and I believe the first time I came across it is in Anita Grant's Babassu shampoo bars. I ordered this quite awhile ago from wholesalesuppliesplus.com. It's the Crafter's Choice brand available in bulk for use in cosmetic recipes or whatever you want to use it for.

Crafter's Choice claims:
Thought to be soothing, protective, conditioning and moisturizing to the skin. Penetrates quickly without a greasy after touch. A common additive in products formulated for dry scalp and itching skin. All Natural. Cold Pressed. 

Country Of Origin: Brazil,  Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil

I ordered this because I heard it was similar to Coconut Oil, but non-comodegenic and it was also cold-pressed. I've seen this oil on other wholesale sites but it always seemed to be expeller pressed and refined. In the world of oils- cold, pressed virgin oils are what you want, because it has all it's original healing properties still in the product.

So I'll start with scent. It smells like some sort of oil you would put it your car. It's not terrible. It's not strong. But it doesn't exactly smell very good. Easily remedied by adding an essential oil like lavender, so no big deal. Natural oils sometimes don't naturally smell the best.

It's solid like Coconut Oil at room temperature. It also melts quite easily like Coconut Oil. Rubbing it for a second in your hands is enough to turn it liquid. And after that it's easily spreadable.

I love the way this oil looks on my skin. It's like adding instant radiance and glow to my skin. And the texture is very nice. It has a certain "slip" to it that other oils don't have. It really does make my skin look quite amazing in a way no other oil has made my skin look.

But it breaks me out. Just like Coconut Oil. Every time I use it I get a new spot. 

So I wouldn't   recommend it as a facial oil. I think now that I've done this review I'm going to just use the rest of it in my hair-because it's not working on my face unfortunately.

Bummer.

What are your favorite oils? Let me know in the comments!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment