Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Salmon, Arugula, and Red Quinoa Salad

Theres nothing I love more than finding a healthy recipe I love. And I was pretty excited about this. It has some HEALTHY ingredients. Also some ingredients that are a little new to me (Harissa), so I was all ready to test it out. 
I used Moscato- it's really the only wine I like. This is supposed to be the same wine that Olive Garden uses. It's not bad.

It calls for poached salmon. You poach it with some white wine, white onions, and a couple sprigs of thyme. 

 I bought EU Farm raised and Wild-Caught.


I found poaching is not for me. The salmon  was such an unappetizing color. And pretty flavorless. So I added salt and pepper and cooked it in a bit of olive oil. Wish I had skipped the poaching because...no. Never again. 

Then I cooked the quinoa. Let it cool and added it to the arugula, chickpeas, raisins, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper. After it cooled I added in the arugula, lemon juice, and olive oil.

The recipe calls for cilantro. Skipped that because I hate it. 

Added my almonds, harissa (a Moroccan hot sauce), and salmon. 


And proceeded to eat it. And..never again. This salad just had way too much going on. The spices competed with the peppery arugula taste....the canned chick peas just didn't really add much to the salad. I like quinoa-but not so sure I like it in salad. The raisins were good. I haven't really added much dried fruit to salad, and I like it surprisingly. 

It sounded amazing- it just didn't taste amazing.

I guess at least I got my superfoods in though.....

If for any reason you would like to check the recipe out for yourself-I found it in a Self magazine. Click here to check it out on their website!




No comments:

Post a Comment