Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tony Moly Master Lab Ultra Collagen Mask Sheet Review



Figured I had better get this post up....because it's been sitting on my desk just patiently waiting to get  reviewed! I used it last week. And meant to get it up the day after I used it. It was a crazy couple of days though. Right before I used it I put something I had no business putting on my face and didn't rinse it well enough so I got a bit of a chemical burn. I woke up with bright red patches of skin on my face. Thank goodness for lavender oil and concealer. It helped calm my skin right down and now I can't even tell I messed up my skin so badly last week. But back to the subject at hand...this mask...

Tony Moly claims:
Intensive Moisturizing. This Master Lab firms up skin. Makes the skin elastic with Collagen. 

So of course, this is a mask I got from on of my bestest friends (Thanks Tia!). I'm not really sure where to get them-but I do know Tony Moly products are getting pretty popular in the US. 

They are made in Korea-Asian skincare seems to be a very big trend here..and I've been having fun testing out the sheet masks. They are masks that come with serum and are supposed to deliver skincare in a very concentrated form. The cotton sheet keeps the serum in contact with your skin for 10-20 minutes in order for your skin to really drink it up. 

I like to put them in the refrigerator. It just feels really refreshing after being in the summer heat or working out etc. The first thing I noticed was it has a slight floral smell. But it's not very strong and after a couple seconds I didn't even notice it. 

I let it sit longer than the suggested 10-20 minutes...then rubbed the rest of the serum or "essence" into my neck and arms. There was a lot of extra serum. Certainly a lot more than the previous masks I used.

I wasn't really expecting this mask to do much. My skin is still pretty young looking and I don't really have a problem with elasticity. But maybe treating for the loss of elasticity before you begin to lose it has an effect? Maybe.

So I didn't really notice much of a difference. Maybe just a little bit of extra hydration-but not much compared with other masks I've tried.

I tried to type of the ingredients-but probably misspelled a lot. I was kind of shocked that it contains alcohol. So far none of the other brands I've tried have it. I think that made it less hydrating then the others. 

Ingredients: 
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propendiol, Alcohol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen (1000 ppm), Allantoin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/SodiumAcrylloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PED-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Anise Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Arginine, Carbomer, Portulaca Olenacea Extract, Saussure Involucrata Extra, Mallow Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Veronica Officials Extract, Melissa Offincianlis Leaf extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Xanthum Gum, Ehylexylglycerin, panthenol, Fragrance.

I think this one just isn't the best match for my skin at this present age. The Tea Tree one from Dewey Tree is still my favorite so far. 

I think I'm going to wash my face and slap on another Coconut one I have that has been waiting for me in the fridge and do a little reading. I just started reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I love books about Dystopian societies, but it's definitely starting off a bit strange. I'm going to keep reading it though and see if I can't get into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment