Sunday, September 2, 2018

L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara (Waterproof) Review



I lost five pounds!! I know this is a mascara review but I'm so proud of myself I just had to blurt that out. I gained a couple pounds when I was in the states because I was eating out a lot more than I normally do, and even though I was mostly eating salads when I went out, I was still gaining. Now that I'm back in a routine I can work out regularly and trying to eat a little healthier since I'm cooking more now too. That means lots and lots of veggies. But anyway, mascara review....

L'oreal claims:
L'Oréal introduces Voluminous Dramatic Volume Building Mascara, for bold and beautiful lashes, with dramatic volume. Safe for sensitive eyes.

Like always, I did not mean to grab the waterproof one. I thought I was reading the tube but apparently I wasn't. Waterproof is always so hard to get off, so it's harder on your lashes. I definitely lose more lashes than I would otherwise.
The Voluminous mascara is one of my favorites. So I figured picking up the blacker version of it would just be more love, right? I was wrong. I don't really like this one. I don't notice it to be any blacker than the other version. And it's clumpier. And I always make a mess with the brush unless I'm really careful. And I usually don't have time in the mornings to be really careful.

The only plus is that it stays on all day. It looks the same from when I applied it to when I take it off. So it really holds a curl. Although I don't curl my lashes since they are naturally curled on their own. 


The brush is the traditional brush, which is always by favorite. I hate the little plasticky ones.  But like I said, I always make a mess. 

As for the packaging, it's nice. It's the same packaging they've had for years and years. 


Overall, I might pick up the regular washable carbon black mascara. I think that might be better. I'm just not a big fan of the waterproof versions, although I always seem to pick them up. But I need to give my lashes a break. They have been disappearing quite steadily the last couple of months. 


Have you accidentally picked up the waterproof when you meant to get the washable? Have you tried the Voluminous Carbon black? Like it, Love it, or Leave it?






No comments:

Post a Comment